Re: [Scouter_T] committee challenge

  • Robert Wilson
    Message 1 of 9 , May 23, 2007
      On 5/18/07, Scouter Chuck <antelope95@...> wrote:

      > At some point, however, BSA is going to have to make a decision as
      > to hom much training it's going to put on the web for "self study".
      > While tose courses make the material availab eto a wider number of
      > people, they also have the disadvantage of no interaction with
      > others. So, you can't ask the instructor exactly what he/she meant,
      > and no one else in the class can help interpret the answers to you,
      > if you don't "get it" right off.

      The online training works for self study. They should figure out how to
      provide a place to ask questions and FAQs. Maybe the questions could be
      directed to the local council via email. Where it needs to go from here is
      towards a more interactive format. For example, wouldn't it be great if the
      best Troop Committee Challenge instructor on the planet was available over
      the Internet for an interactive course? The course could have bidirectional
      conversations, slide shows, videos, Instant Messaging, and about any other
      type services available on the net. This current revision of training seems
      to be a small step toward what could be more and better/more consistently
      trained leaders. Would this be as intimate as a classroom, no, but it would
      allow for the interaction that the current technique lacks.

      Robert

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5, 2007
        My scout shop has two in stock plus my troop has one. as well...

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, NeilLup@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 5/18/07 1:08:01 PM, hlandry@... writes:
        >

        > > Hello all,
        > >
        > > Today I was told by national supply that the Troop Committee
        Challenge