Intro

  • fivebeers2002
    Message 1 of 17 , May 3, 2007
      I would like to introduce myself to the group, My name is Curt Beers.
      I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster with Troop 462 and Committee Chairman for
      Pack 508 both in Washington Missouri. I was just presented my Wood
      Badge Beads (C-35-06 Seven Bears of Baden) May 1st. I have been a
      trainer for Cubscout Leader Specific, and have been on staff for Leader
      Outdoor Experience in my District (Osage) and Council (Greater St.
      Louis Area).
      Curt Beers
    • russandlori
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 12, 2013
        Hi I'm new to the list. Was referred baby Scouts-L list. This is my first year as a volunteer and I'm serving as an assistant Webelos den leader and pack trainer.

        I have twenty years experience with adult learning and training. I don't do much training in my job anymore so I am thrilled to transfer my experience to Scouting.

        A few questions: I need to draft an email to send to our Pack. We've never had a Pack Trainer. Should that come from the Cub master or Committee Chair or informally from me? Many of the leaders won't know me at all and we have a number who have not been through training other than Youth Protection. I have my work cut out for me!

        Also if anyone here is a member of Three Rivers or Occoneechee District please let me know. Would love to connect with locals.

        Any other recommendations for getting started are welcome. I've been throu everything on the BSA site but it lacks practical, day-to-day advice.

        YIS,

        Lori Reed
        Pack 951, Chapel Hill, Chatham County, NC
      • Ann
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 13, 2013
          Welcome aboard, Lori!

          My name is Ann Meyer and I am with Occoneechee Council in Neuse River District. I've been involved with training in the Council for over 20 years.

          I would suggest starting with your District Key 3 who can hook you up with your District Training Chairman (DTC). Your DTC should be able to answer your questions and would, most likely, love to have your help in the area of training.

          Our Council webpage is http://ocscouts.org Go to this page and then click on the "About Us" link, then click on the Districts link. There you will find your District - Orange - and once you click on it you will see your District leadership listed.

          Hopefully, we will meet one another real soon! See you around the Council.

          Ann Meyer
          Advisor, Crew 5
          Venturing Roundtable Commissioner
          Wake Forest
          Occoneechee Council
          Neuse River District
          ameyer7@...
        • A. Dukovic
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 13, 2013
            Rookies always welcome!!

            Would think your e-mail should be endorsed by all three; that way folks know who you are and why the Cubmaster and Committee have you in the Pack Trainer position.  It can also help you develop a network to figure out the needs and concerns as far as training goes, within your Unit.  You're doing a critical job and can literally make the boys experience better by showing folks the correct way to do things, again, welcome aboard!!

            - Art