Re: [Scouter_T] Trainer Developer Conference Update, When?

  • SeanWaiss@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2007
      Robert--

      Actually, YES, it is being revised. The new course will provisionally
      be called "Trainers' EDGE", and will more closely align with the National
      Youth Leadership Training and the Woodbadge curricula. EDGE is the latest and
      greatest education strand, and is an acronym for Explain, Demonstrate, Guide,
      and Enable. The course is nationally developed (and staff is hand-picked for
      now) and strictly limited to 36 participants in each. My understanding is
      that hope is that this will roll out nationally in 2008, pending the politics
      of course development (how long was OWL being revamped?) I have a feeling
      this will get more support since a TnT-type course is a requirement for the
      Pack Trainer's Award.

      The course is in development now, with the first four pilots scheduled
      between July and October. I may be mistaken, but I believe the pilot sequence
      will be in National Capital Area Council (NCAC, DC area), followed by a
      council in Texas (not sure which), not sure the third council, and finally Three
      Fires Council (TFC, Chicago suburbs). I am registered for the TFC course on
      10/13. There is some very basic information available at the TFC website
      (threefirescouncil.org), but nothing really detailed. If there were, this
      wouldn't be a pilot, now would it.

      In a message dated 4/19/07 2:31:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      fishnscout@... writes:

      I've heard the the Trainer Developer Conference curriculum is being updated.
      Has that happened? If not, do you know when it will be updated? We'd like to
      enhance the current version but don't want to reinvent the wheel if it is
      already being done.

      On an unrelated note, my wife and I served as Troop Guides at WB SR-831. The
      participants had a great time and were very complimentary. We enjoyed it
      too! If you get a chance to serve on WB staff, I highly recommend it.

      Robert Wilson
      I used to be an Owl, although I was adopted by my Fox patrol. :-)