Re: BALOO

  • Gerry Moon
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 11, 2007
      I recently bought a new copy - what I found in terms of changes were
      some levels of working changes (nothing earth-shattering, more for
      timeliness and "political correctness") and that the A-Z appendices
      have been re-ordered (now there is an "AA" past "Z"). I think that
      if you have an older one and teach from it the course won't be
      inappropriate. Like I said, the latest syllabus is just "freshened"
      and the appendices MAY have a different order. Case in point, the
      flag ceremony that was buried down in around "R" is now up front -
      because it's used early in the course.

      Gerry Moon
      Orlando, FL

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, JNDunnMN@... wrote:

      > I went to the Scout shop yesterday, so I checked on this. The
      version that's on the shelf is the same one that's been there for
      the last couple years. The item # ends with A.

      > YiS,
      > Jamie Niss Dunn
      > Pack Trainer
      > Pack 512, Blaine/Coon Rapids Minnesota
      > Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      > 3 Rivers District

    • Kevin and Jane
      Message 51 of 51 , Oct 29, 2008
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@...>
        wrote:

        > Speaking of the new BALOO, has anyone actually created the Local
        resources document which the first few pages of the new syllabus says
        you're supposed to make as a handout for the learners.

        > Anyone care to share their samples?
        >

        > YiS,
        > Jamie Niss Dunn
        > Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        > Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        > Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        > 3 Rivers District
        > Scouting. Good for Life.

        Jamie, Here's the one we've used for a while. It seems to do the job.
        Doesn't translate well to a post though....

        Kevin

        Croatan Trails District
        Local Resources Summary

        Our Council East Carolina Council
        PO Box 1698
        Kinston, NC 28503
        Phone 252.522.1521
        Fax 252.522.9707
        Web www.eccbsa.org

        Council Scout Camps Camp Bonner (North)
        Camp Bonner (South)
        Camp Hannah Bonner
        Camp Hatcher
        Camp Charles

        Scout Supplies www.scoutstuff.org

        Catalog 800.323.0732

        Our District Croatan Trails
        Website www.ctscouts.org

        Roundtables 1st Thursday of the month
        at 7:30 PM
        Latter Day Saints Church,
        Morehead City

        My Unit

        Leader

        Chartered Organization

        Training dates, as well as the above information AND MORE! can be
        accessed by going to the District Website at www.ctscouts.org