Re: National Meeting

  • Natalie Bozier
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 10, 2007
      What do you do if the your council says they do not have the
      information? Will this meeting be an open meeting? Would there be a
      problem with a concerned scouter attending?

      Natalie

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, NeilLup@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 4/4/07 12:05:09 PM, ed5870@... writes:
      >

      > > How does one get information on the National Meeting
      > >

      > Contact your local council and ask for a packet on the National
      Meeting.

      > Best wishes,
      >
      > Neil Lupton

    • bill smith
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 11, 2007
        Someone in your council does have the information.
        Depending on size National mails packets to
        several professionals and volunteers. Our council
        in Portland gets about a dozen. The best
        source of information might be the Scout
        Executive's secretary.

        One usually needs credentials - an official badge -
        to get into the displays and other meetings. In recent
        years there has been a bit of picketing so security
        has picked up.

        It also could be: keep out the worker bees and
        only let us drones in.

        bill smith

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 10, 2009
          I just registered on line for the National Meeting next month.
          The registration process was straight forward and reasonably easy to follow.
          There are more than forty elective sessions to choose from - a huge
          improvement from previous years - covering a wide range of subjects.
          Most sessions are 1 hour long so that it is possible to register for two
          on Thursday and two more on Friday.
          However about a dozen sessions are an hour and a half long and overlap
          the scheduled times of other sessions by 15 minutes. If you choose one
          of these sessions you cannot register for the later session time. If you
          do select one of these you are limited to only three sessions. If you
          choose two of the 1.5 hour sessions, those will be the only two you get.
          It seems like an awkward way of organizing things considering how well
          the rest seems to be done. I wonder what the thinking was.

          --

          bill smith
          The best gift for a Cub Scout.......
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 10, 2009
            Where or is there a link for this conference?

            Scott Truax

            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 10, 2009
              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, struax@... wrote:

              > Where or is there a link for this conference?
              >
              > Scott Truax

              Go to the National Web Site.
              Log into MyScouting.
              Check your profile to see that Event Registration is enabled.
              The listed events are: Jamboree, National Annual Meeting and Philmont Training Center.
              Choose National Annual Meeting.
              A pdf program for the meeting will pop up.
              Scoll to the last page.
              Click on Register Now.
              It will pass you through to a page where you can start the registration process.

              Jamie