scouting.org

  • joedet
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 6:07 PM
      off topic but did anyone else see the new website?
      www.scouting.org

      Joedet
    • Kevin Pate
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3 2:17 PM
        > off topic but did anyone else see the new website?
        > www.scouting.org

        We were kicking the tires a bit on this topic
        yesterday over on the Cub Scout Talk yahoogroup
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cub-Scout-Talk/ )

        The changes right now in scouting.org are primarily a
        new look/feel for the scouting.org site. Existing fav
        links to content located on the site should still work
        as before.

        Bringing this squarely into Scouter_T territory though
        is that what is still to come seems definitely more
        exciting than the cosmetic overhaul. Specifically,
        the soon to arrive My Scouting, via:
        http://www.scouting.org/nav/enter.jsp?s=ms

        "My Scouting" will be a portal for BSA member access
        to several areas:

        Tour Permit Applictions
        apply online and have an automated approval process
        and electronic delivery of the permit

        E-Learning ceter will become integrated into each
        member's My Account.

        The My Account will give one direct access to his/her
        data to update or make corrections to keep records
        accurate

        But wait, there's more.!
        After the initial launch of the "My Scouting" portal,
        BSa intends to create additional applications and
        services.

        So .....Trainers, start up your flipchart markers and
        powerpoints. Looks like we're gonna be looking at new
        ways to do some of the old thangs.

        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      • bill smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3 8:20 PM
          Kevin Pate wrote:

          > We were kicking the tires a bit on this topic
          > yesterday over on the Cub Scout Talk yahoogroup
          > (http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Cub- Scout-Talk/
          >
          > The changes right now in scouting.org are primarily a
          > new look/feel for the scouting.org site. Existing fav
          > links to content located on the site should still work
          > as before.

          Yes I've noticed they still believe that adjacent zip
          code numbers are also geographically adjacent so that
          when you look for a unit to join, you will get units
          twenty miles away but not ones ten blocks from
          your home.

          So far only cosmetics.

          bill smith