Re: Behavior Issues within Troop

  • touch_of_cntry
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 17, 2007
      My suggestion would be to have the PLC draft up their weekly plan
      that follows the suggested BSA meeting plan.

      Preopening Activity
      Opening Ceremony
      Skills Instruction (a few minutes)
      Patrol Meetings (Keep them doing something - not just sitting)
      Interpatrol Activity (Keep it fun and outdoors if possible)
      Closing
      After the Meeting

      Keep the boys busy doing something fun and they will be more likely
      to keep on task. The best troop we have ever been in followed this
      plan above and they did not sit in a room. Every meeting they did
      fun stuff, like make caving sticks, next week they might practice
      with those caving sticks placing them and following them through the
      park. The following meeting could be about repelling (down the
      stairs), the week after they might meet at a trail and go mountain
      biking. That troop was so active and fun! The boys had about a 95%
      attendance and they enjoyed being there. Everyone was well behaved
      because they were so busy doing cool stuff.

      I hope that helps.

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "thepucketter" <annmpuckett@...>