Troop JLT

  • John Halter
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 15, 2007
      A scoutmaster of one of our troops asked me tonight about getting
      materials for a troop level JLT program that he had used in another
      troop. He said there was a booklet with the itinerary and other
      information and also a video. Does anyone have this material and if so
      can you tell me the bin or catalog # (or are they even still
      available)? I saw where someone had posted some numbers for the manual,
      but we are also looking for a video that went along with it.

      --

      Thank you,

      John Halter
      District Commissioner
      Wekiwa District
      Central FL Council, B.S.A.
      www.wekiwa.org
      "PackDude" at www.Scoutboard.com
      ...and a good 'ol Bobwhite too! SR442
    • Fred Goodwin, CMA
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2007
        > Posted by: "John Halter" john@...
        > Date: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:25 pm ((PDT))
        >
        > A scoutmaster of one of our troops asked me tonight about getting
        > materials for a troop level JLT program that he had used in another
        > troop. He said there was a booklet with the itinerary and other
        > information and also a video. Does anyone have this material and
        > if so can you tell me the bin or catalog # (or are they even still
        > available)? I saw where someone had posted some numbers for the
        > manual, but we are also looking for a video that went along with
        > it.

        The old JLT is obsolete; it has been replaced by Troop Leadership
        Training (TLT), which explains why you can't find JLT.

        Having said that, the old JLT is sometimes available on ebay; be sure
        the one you choose to bid on includes the video; not all of them do!

        Fred Goodwin
        ASM, T515
        Alamo Area Council
      • Michael Brown
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2007
          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Goodwin, CMA" <fgoodwin@...>
          wrote:

          > > Posted by: "John Halter" john@...
          > > Date: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:25 pm ((PDT))
          > >
          > > A scoutmaster of one of our troops asked me tonight about getting
          > > materials for a troop level JLT program that he had used in
          another
          > > troop. He said there was a booklet with the itinerary and other
          > > information and also a video. Does anyone have this material and
          > > if so can you tell me the bin or catalog # (or are they even
          still
          > > available)? I saw where someone had posted some numbers for the
          > > manual, but we are also looking for a video that went along with
          > > it.
          >
          > The old JLT is obsolete; it has been replaced by Troop Leadership
          > Training (TLT), which explains why you can't find JLT.
          >
          > Having said that, the old JLT is sometimes available on ebay; be
          sure
          > the one you choose to bid on includes the video; not all of them do!

          The catalog number for TLT is #34306A. Its been out since 05.

          The video that was part of the old Scoutmaster's Junior Leader
          Training Kit was also sold separately from the Kit. Not sure if the
          video is still available.

          Michael Brown