Re: [Scouter_T] RE: UofS Registration Software

  • Robert Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2007
      Thanks Mathew. When it comes to computers, our professionals aren't at the
      level they need to be some times. This year's University of Scouting could
      have run smoother if they'd used some kind of registration and scheduling
      software. Generally the way it works is, we define the classes being offered
      (including the number of participants), recruit instructors and open
      registration. The registration process is done via paper and students select
      1-4 courses per period based on their preference. If the first preference is
      full, they'll get their second. After that, the Professional attempted to
      schedule everything by hand in a spreadsheet. There were a few instructors
      that were scheduled to teach at the same time, some students didn't have
      courses at certain times, and some classes were more than maxed out. It
      would be nice to have a system to help automate this process and that is
      easy to use. Lastly, tracking who took what year-to-year would be nice. Its
      funny how many people always want to take cooking.

      If this software does this kind of stuff, I'd love to look at it.
      Thanks,
      Robert