Re: [Scouter_T] Troop program planning: how do you do it?

  • Fred Goodwin, CMA
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 18 11:34 AM
      > Posted by: "Jeff Blakemore" jeff@...
      > Date: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:16 am ((PST))
      >
      > I agree with this for the most part. The only exception is that my
      > wife is able to realize that while I offered 'a' or 'b', she can
      > choose 'c' as well. The scouts are not as likely to think past what
      > is suggested, unless prompted. So for me anyway, the last choice
      > is "something else."

      Agreed -- I'd like to show them the Troop Program Features and show
      them how they can use them to plan camping activities. I would never
      expect a boy to come up with progam ideas if they've never been asked
      to do it before.

      As far as I can tell, the adults have always done the monthly campout
      planning (other than patrol menus), thus effectively crippling any
      ability of the boys to do such planning on their own. Worse yet, the
      adults then criticize the boys for not knowing how to plan a campout!

      Fred Goodwin