Training Questionnaire

  • Elaine D. Boyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2007
      Greetings!

      I would rather not reinvent the wheel. Has anyone ever put together a questionnaire for Cub Scout leaders regarding their training or lack there of? In my district, trained Cub Scout leaders is much lower than I would like. I would like to try to fix the problem, but not knowing quite what the problem is - it's hard to fix. I figured a mailing to those registered leaders that I know are not trained, would be a worth while venture.

      If you have put together such a document are you willing to share? Once mine is done, I'll post it in the file section.

      Yours in Scouting,

      ~Elaine Boyd
      Abnaki District Cub Scout Training Chair
      Daniel Webster Council, NH

    • Joseph Jansen
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2007
        I have no such document but would suggest putting together something like
        this
        should include listing available trainings, such as:

        Cub Scout Fast Start <http://olc.scouting.org/>
        Tiger Cub Den Leader Training
        Cub Scout Den Leader Training
        Webelo Den Leader Training
        Leader Specific Training
        Basic Adult Leader Outdoor
        Orientation (BALOO) Training
        Outdoor Webelo Leader (OWL)
        Training

        listing the dates of upcoming trainings in the available categories, and
        inviting a response.

        I would include in the mailing a list of all available training
        opportunities, including on-line
        training, and ask for suggestions on what is needed and/or would be helpful.

        Good luck. When you have arrived at something which works for you post
        about it, rather
        than just put it in the file section.

        Joe Jansen
        JAJansenJr@...