Re:Online Training

  • george Bruckjr
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 3, 2007
      I'm not sure how relevent this is, but I have seen
      ALOT of posts in a couple of groups about the online
      training and wanted to share my thoughts.

      Some subjects definitely require human interaction at
      least to some degree. I have taken several online
      college courses, and one thing I found is that they
      are more difficult to complete than taking a regular
      class at the local community college even though the
      curriculum is the same.

      The onus is on the individual to learn the material
      and it is difficult to ask questions....leading(at
      least in my case) to a very good understanding of the
      materials through having to study more. On the other
      hand, it was often frustrating compared to my in class
      courses where I could ask the instructor about thing
      which either confused me or just to clarify a point.

      I think that the online training is a good thing for
      some subjects, like youth protection, but perhaps not
      so much for things such as the unit committee
      challenge as I believe the whole committee or at least
      a majority should be together at the course.

      Perhaps the BSA needs to research somehow which
      subjects might be best served on the internet, which
      should stay as an in session training format, and
      which might benefit from a combination of some sort.

      Under any circumstance, theres no such thing as too
      much training, and the availability of the information
      we now have via internet is a boon to those of us who
      want to ensure the best programs possible for the
      kids.

      Just a couple of cents worth of opinion.

      Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
      in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.