Dave Loomis

  • NeilLup@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      I found this information in this morning's Portsmouth NH Herald

      David C. Loomis

      PORTSMOUTH -- David C. Loomis, of Portsmouth, died after a long battle with
      cancer.
      He was born June 24, 1938, in Worcester, Mass. Raised in Lebanon, he
      graduated from Hanover High School. He attended Marlboro College in Vermont and later
      transferred to the University of New Hampshire, where he earned a degree in
      computer science.

      He was a veteran of both the U.S. Army and the Air Force. During his military
      career, he was stationed globally in Thailand, Vietnam, England, North
      Carolina and Alaska. He retired from the Air Force in 1986 at Pease Air Force Base
      in Portsmouth.

      A lifelong member of the Boy Scouts of America, he served in various
      leadership capacities here in New Hampshire and in North Carolina.

      He is survived by his son, John and his wife, April; granddaughter Taylor of
      California; and his brother, Donald and his wife, Diane, and their daughter,
      Tanya, and son, Eric, of South Dakota.

      SERVICES: A memorial service will be held at 4 p.m. on Sunday at the
      Unitarian Universalist Church (South Church), 292 State St., Portsmouth. In lieu of
      flowers, it was David's wish that donations be made in his name to the Daniel
      Webster Council Inc. Boy Scouts of America, 571 Holt Ave., Manchester, NH 03109.

      Our prayers are with Dave and his family,

      Neil Lupton