Re: [Scouter_T] Scouter Gone Home

  • Wendell Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      >> I am sad to inform you that this past weekend, Dave Loomis (Historic
      >> District) passed away.

      I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm going to miss Dave, as I'm sure, will
      most of us "old timers" on Scouter_T and Scouts-L. If you get a chance,
      please pass on my condolences!

      Wendell Brown
      http://www.ScoutingTheNet.com/
      Scouter_T Owner
    • Elaine D. Boyd
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
        I don't know. I tried to find his obituary online this morning and could
        not find one. I know that he was not married, but did have one or two sons.
        I don't think they lived in the area. If I find anymore information, I will
        pass it onto the list.

        ~Elaine

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
          An obituary will be found at

          http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=98225&messages=30

          where condolence messages can be posted.

          I asked Dave for help reviewing a training some time ago, and his
          response was that it would be an honor to help. In saying this I
          felt honored.

          An outstanding Scouter and individual, Dave will be in heaven now,
          I'm sure, helping budding angels (like the angel Clarence in It's a Wonderful
          Life) earn their wings.

          Dave may be gone but he has influenced so many Scouters for the better
          that in a real sense he will always be with us.

          Joe Jansen
          JAJansenJr@...
          (sending a Scout Salute heavenword in Dave's direction)