Scouter Gone Home

  • Elaine D. Boyd
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      I recieved this message from Daniel Webster Council yesterday. I knew that
      Dave had cancer and was not doing well. I had not realized that his death
      would have come so quickly. Though Dave and I were in neighboring districts
      and in the same council, I have gotten to know him quite well through his
      postings on Scouter-T and Scouts-L. He has served the youth of New
      Hampshire well for many years. He will be greatly missed.

      Yours in Scouting,

      ~Elaine Boyd
      Scouter in NH

      > I am sad to inform you that this past weekend, Dave Loomis (Historic
      > District) passed away. Most of you know Dave from the district/council
      > training committee, in which he has served in most recent years. Should
      > your schedule allow, please be aware of the following memorial
      > arrangements.
      >
      > A memorial service is planned for this Sunday, February 4th at the South
      > Church - Unitarian Universalist Church of Portsmouth. Their website is
      > www.southchurch-uu.org <http://www.southchurch-uu.org>.
      >
      > Please feel free to wear your Scout Uniform to honor a Military Veteran
      and
      > a Life Long Scouter.
      >
      > Questions: Contact John Cochrane (District Executive - Historic
      District -
      > ext. 135) or the Council Service Center.

    • Joseph Jansen
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
        This is very sad news. Are there survivors to whom condolences may be sent?

        Joe Jansen
        JAJansenJr@...

        On 2/1/07, Elaine D. Boyd <edboyd@...> wrote:
        > I recieved this message from Daniel Webster Council yesterday. I knew that
        > Dave had cancer and was not doing well. I had not realized that his death
        > would have come so quickly. Though Dave and I were in neighboring districts
        > and in the same council, I have gotten to know him quite well through his
        > postings on Scouter-T and Scouts-L. He has served the youth of New
        > Hampshire well for many years. He will be greatly missed.
        >
        > Yours in Scouting,
        >
        > ~Elaine Boyd
        > Scouter in NH
        >
        > > I am sad to inform you that this past weekend, Dave Loomis (Historic
        > > District) passed away. Most of you know Dave from the district/council
        > > training committee, in which he has served in most recent years. Should
        > > your schedule allow, please be aware of the following memorial
        > > arrangements.
        > >
        > > A memorial service is planned for this Sunday, February 4th at the South
        > > Church - Unitarian Universalist Church of Portsmouth. Their website is
        > > www.southchurch-uu.org <http://www.southchurch-uu.org>.
        > >
        > > Please feel free to wear your Scout Uniform to honor a Military Veteran
        > and
        > > a Life Long Scouter.
        > >
        > > Questions: Contact John Cochrane (District Executive - Historic
        > District -
        > > ext. 135) or the Council Service Center.

      • Wendell Brown
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
          >> I am sad to inform you that this past weekend, Dave Loomis (Historic
          >> District) passed away.

          I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm going to miss Dave, as I'm sure, will
          most of us "old timers" on Scouter_T and Scouts-L. If you get a chance,
          please pass on my condolences!

          Wendell Brown
          http://www.ScoutingTheNet.com/
          Scouter_T Owner
        • Elaine D. Boyd
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
            I don't know. I tried to find his obituary online this morning and could
            not find one. I know that he was not married, but did have one or two sons.
            I don't think they lived in the area. If I find anymore information, I will
            pass it onto the list.

            ~Elaine

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
              An obituary will be found at

              http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=98225&messages=30

              where condolence messages can be posted.

              I asked Dave for help reviewing a training some time ago, and his
              response was that it would be an honor to help. In saying this I
              felt honored.

              An outstanding Scouter and individual, Dave will be in heaven now,
              I'm sure, helping budding angels (like the angel Clarence in It's a Wonderful
              Life) earn their wings.

              Dave may be gone but he has influenced so many Scouters for the better
              that in a real sense he will always be with us.

              Joe Jansen
              JAJansenJr@...
              (sending a Scout Salute heavenword in Dave's direction)