Re: [Scouter_T] FW: Re: question regarding Venturing and CERT

  • Larry D. Ohs
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2007
      Ida forwarded information on CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) class and a Venturing Crew. I have taken the CERT training and encourage everyone to take it. Our CERT program provider has a minimum age of 21, but our Council is sponsoring a SERT (Scouting Emergency Response Team) class for youth to take in July. I have read of Teen CERT classes being offered elsewhere too.

      Larry Ohs
      Troop 12 Assistant Scoutmaster
      Salt Valley District Training Committee
      Cornhusker Council Youth Protection Advisor
      2005 Jamboree Boating Staff
      "...and a good old Fox, too." W5-63-00
      Powder Horn, HOAC 2002, staff 2004, 2006