Re: [Scouter_T] Speaking of Bin Items

  • John Halter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
      Linda got a copy for us when it was first released, but I'm not sure who
      wound up with it. If you need a copy, I can see if our former training
      chair has it. I think it was given to her.

      Thank you,

      John Halter
      District Commissioner
      Wekiwa District
      Central FL Council, B.S.A.
      www.wekiwa.cfcbsa.org
      "PackDude" at www.Scoutboard.com
      ...and a good 'ol Bobwhite too! SR442
      Wekiwa is an Indian word that means "spring of water"

      Gerry Moon wrote:

      > I'm prepping for a spring Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders
      > course - I refer to it as "the training formerly known as WOLT, WLOT
      > or OWL". I was looking into getting a syllabus for my staff, and
      > noted that it, too, is a bin item - 13-33640, dated 2005. As such,
      > it's not on the shelf at the Scout Shop.
      >
      > Since this group seems to have the pulse of BSA literature statuses,
      > can anyone shed light on where the new updated "OLSWL" syllabus
      > stands? Did the initial release flub and get pulled, is it being
      > revised further in response to the field's reaction?
      >
      > The older "Webelos Leader Outdoor Skills" syllabus has been out of
      > print for a very long time, then I came upon this one in the past
      > year or so - and frankly, I get more warm fuzzies from the older
      > one. This one is written for the class to be combined with IOLS, but
      > has provisions for it being a standalone overnighter or single-day
      > 12-hour class. I wonder how effective a one-day 12-hour class would
      > be in the real world. At least with an overnighter, we can spread
      > things out a but, slow down the pace, allow for a good hands-on and
      > questions and discussion, and even get a little sleep before we wrap
      > up.
      >
      > Ours will be a weekend course starting Friday night and wrapping up
      > Sunday mid-day with at least one night of camping for everyone,
      > preferably both nights. It's about 8 weeks away and I have about 10
      > signed up so far.
      >
      > Gerry Moon
      > Orlando, FL

    • rdewitt10
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
        Jerry The copy thast I have is dated 2002 also.

        Robert L. DeWitt
        Chickasaw District
        Georgia Carolina Council

        _____

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
          Gerry

          I have a PDF version of the 2005 edition of Outdoor
          Skills for Webelos Leaders.

          13-33640
          2005 printing

          I think I obtained it via someone on this list, but
          it's been a spell (summer of 2005) and I do not recall
          where exactly it came from other than it's pretty
          clearly a scan of a hard copy rather than made a PDF
          file straight from an e-copy of the material.

          I will place a copy, temporarily only, say through 6
          p.m. on Monday the 8th, online for you to download
          (it's a 40 MB file so doing a dl is NOT for the faint
          of heart or the impatient.)

          Go to http://www.lastfrontiercouncil.org
          Change the address bar by adding the following phrase
          to the end of the lfc.org/ url: train/zzowls2005.pdf

          Hope that helps you out. If you do not get this in
          time, kick me an email.

          Kevin in Norman, America
          kevinpate@...

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Scott & Rita Eliason
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
            Kevin,

            Thank you.

            Scott Eliason, Venturing Leader Training Coordinator

            Aquila District, Chief Seattle Council

            Go to http://www.lastfron <http://www.lastfrontiercouncil.org>
            tiercouncil.org
            Change the address bar by adding the following phrase
            to the end of the lfc.org/ url: train/zzowls2005.pdf

            Hope that helps you out. If you do not get this in
            time, kick me an email.

            Kevin in Norman, America
            kevinpate@yahoo. <mailto:kevinpate%40yahoo.com> com

          • Kevin Pate
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 2007
              OK, a review of offlist info suggest I was more clear
              in my mind than in my post. I apologize for that.

              You can download a PDF copy of a scanned 2005 edition
              of Outdoor Skills for Webelos Leaders, 13-33640, 2005
              printing. (it's a 40 MB file so doing the dl is NOT
              for the faint of heart or the impatient.)

              Copy ONLY the following line into your address bar:
              www.lastfrontiercouncil.org/train/zzowls2005.pdf