Re: [Scouter_T] CSRT

  • Michael Crothers
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
      The current BSA mode is called diversity, as taught in Wood Badge.

      This means everybody should feel free to express themselves as their beliefs dictates.

      We are to be tolerant and accepting of other's beliefs

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers
      ADC
      Camarillo District
      Ventura County Council
      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
        Hey, thanks Pete - I can really use those. In the same spirit, here's a Hawaiian themed grace:
        HAWAIIAN GRACE
        (Tune: Aloha Oy)
        Aloha to God above
        Aloha a word that means
        I love you.
        Mahalo too means
        I thank you.
        Mahalo aloha to God.
        (Ma/ha/low)

        Source:http://www.geocities.com/heartland/plains/3209/graces.html#Hawaiian

        YiS,
        Jamie Dunn
        Pack Trainer
        P. 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Chair
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        3 Rivers District

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
          Pete

          I am glad that I did not take your advise to delete this message! I am not
          involved in CSRT, but I can probably help with songs. In our district, the
          last item of the joint session before program breakouts is a song, which I
          have lead for many years. I noticed the incredible lack of singing when I
          was involved with a troop in 1990, then when I went to Wood Badge in 1992 I
          made a portion of my ticket to create a song book for my troop. At some
          point I posted it on a Compuserve forum, then it was posted on the USSSP
          site. I now have it posted on a personal site as well as PDFs of the Song
          sheets that I use at each RT.

          Link to the Songbook:
          http://www.geocities.com/rickram.geo/songbook/songbook.html

          Link to the Song Sheets:
          http://www.geocities.com/rickram.geo/roundtable.html

          Rick

          _____

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
            "The current BSA mode is called diversity, as taught
            in Wood Badge.

            This means everybody should feel free to express
            themselves as their beliefs dictates.

            We are to be tolerant and accepting of other's beliefs

            Yours In Scouting

            Mike Crothers"

            Thank you, brother. Unfortunately, thats not how many
            in leadership roles run the BSA nowadays. I grow
            tired of the hatred, non tolersance, and bigotry as
            well as ignorance that seems to be so pervasive in our
            organiztion these days. I have been chastised many
            times for reminding folks that the BSA does not
            support anti gay marraige bills nor are they a
            christian organization. This isnt my opinion; its in
            BSA literature!

            http://mail.yahoo.com