CSRT

  • Peter Mullaney
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
      If your not involved with the CSRT you can probably hit delete now.

      My one big task for the many years on the CSRT staff is
      to put together a song sheet for each RT. The songs
      available in the Program Helps and the RTPG were pretty
      lame. Hard to sing and words don't match the tune, so
      at our planning meeting I scribbled off the song below, it may
      not be great, but at least the words go with the tune.
      I also put in the 'Flintstone Grace' (which I had no part in
      composing) for use with B&G.

      For about 3 years the staff I'm on contributed to the RTPG
      & Program Helps, it was fun, but some of the staff didn't
      appreciate that we didn't get credit in the publications.
      Anyone on these list contributing to these pubs now?

      Happy New Year,
      Pete Mullaney

      I've Been Tanning in Hawaii
      (Sung to - I've Been Working on the Railroad)

      I've been tanning in Hawaii,
      all the live long day.
      I've been tanning in Hawaii,
      just to pass the time away.
      Can't you hear the surf a roaring,
      pounding on the shore.
      Can't you hear the luau calling -
      Won't you eat some more?

      Won't you eat some more?
      Won't you eat some more?
      Won't you eat some more, more, more

      Won't you eat some more?
      Won't you eat some more?
      Won't - you - eat - some - more?

      Flintstone Grace

      God is
      Great and God is
      Good, so let us thank him
      for our food.

      God is
      Great and God is
      Good, so let us thank him
      for our food.

      Amen, A, A, A, A, A, Amen.
      Amen, A, A, A, A, A, Amen.

      God is
      Great and God is
      Good, so let us thank him
      for our
      let's thank him for our
      let's thank him for our
      food.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
        I did not even know how to go about it.

        Great song and Grace by the way. Speaking of Grace. Even though I really like this one I would be hesitant to use it (and many others) only because it does not allow for different faiths.
        No matter how you feel one way or another about this issue it is good to be sensitive to it. Unfortunately it usually stops me from doing a grace at all.............

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        connie

      • Michael Crothers
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
          The current BSA mode is called diversity, as taught in Wood Badge.

          This means everybody should feel free to express themselves as their beliefs dictates.

          We are to be tolerant and accepting of other's beliefs

          Yours In Scouting

          Mike Crothers
          ADC
          Camarillo District
          Ventura County Council
          and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
          and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

          Peter Mullaney <mullaney@gmail. com> wrote:
[...]

          scouter_t-help@ yahoogroups. com

          Scouting The Net - http://www.Scouting TheNet.com/
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          connie

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/operationq uietcomfort/

          <!-- #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;} #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;} #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;} #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;} #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;} #ygrp-text{ font-family:Georgia; } #ygrp-text p{ margin:0 0 1em 0; } #ygrp-tpmsgs{ font-family:Arial; clear:both; } #ygrp-vitnav{ padding-top:10px; font-family:Verdana; font-size:77%; margin:0; } #ygrp-vitnav a{ padding:0 1px; } #ygrp-actbar{ clear:both; margin:25px 0; white-space:nowrap; color:#666; text-align:right; } #ygrp-actbar .left{ float:left; white-space:nowrap; } .bld{font-weight:bold;} #ygrp-grft{ font-family:Verdana; font-size:77%; padding:15px 0; } #ygrp-ft{ font-family:verdana; font-size:77%; border-top:1px solid #666; padding:5px 0; } #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{ padding-bottom:10px; } #ygrp-vital{ background-color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom:20px; padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
          } #ygrp-vital #vithd{ font-size:77%; font-family:Verdana; font-weight:bold; color:#333; text-transform:uppercase; } #ygrp-vital ul{ padding:0; margin:2px 0; } #ygrp-vital ul li{ list-style-type:none; clear:both; border:1px solid #e0ecee; } #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{ font-weight:bold; color:#ff7900; float:right; width:2em; text-align:right; padding-right:.5em; } #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{ font-weight:bold; } #ygrp-vital a { text-decoration:none; } #ygrp-vital a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; } #ygrp-sponsor #hd{ color:#999; font-size:77%; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov{ padding:6px 13px; background-color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom:20px; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{ padding:0 0 0 8px; margin:0; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{ list-style-type:square; padding:6px 0; font-size:77%; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{ text-decoration:none; font-size:130%; } #ygrp-sponsor #nc { background-color:#eee; margin-bottom:20px; padding:0 8px; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad{ padding:8px 0; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{ font-family:Arial;
          font-weight:bold; color:#628c2a; font-size:100%; line-height:122%; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{ text-decoration:none; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{ text-decoration:underline; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{ margin:0; } o {font-size:0;} .MsoNormal { margin:0 0 0 0; } #ygrp-text tt{ font-size:120%; } blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;} .replbq {margin:4;} -->

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
            Hey, thanks Pete - I can really use those. In the same spirit, here's a Hawaiian themed grace:
            HAWAIIAN GRACE
            (Tune: Aloha Oy)
            Aloha to God above
            Aloha a word that means
            I love you.
            Mahalo too means
            I thank you.
            Mahalo aloha to God.
            (Ma/ha/low)

            Source:http://www.geocities.com/heartland/plains/3209/graces.html#Hawaiian

            YiS,
            Jamie Dunn
            Pack Trainer
            P. 512
            Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
            Cub Scout Training Chair
            Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
            3 Rivers District

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
              Pete

              I am glad that I did not take your advise to delete this message! I am not
              involved in CSRT, but I can probably help with songs. In our district, the
              last item of the joint session before program breakouts is a song, which I
              have lead for many years. I noticed the incredible lack of singing when I
              was involved with a troop in 1990, then when I went to Wood Badge in 1992 I
              made a portion of my ticket to create a song book for my troop. At some
              point I posted it on a Compuserve forum, then it was posted on the USSSP
              site. I now have it posted on a personal site as well as PDFs of the Song
              sheets that I use at each RT.

              Link to the Songbook:
              http://www.geocities.com/rickram.geo/songbook/songbook.html

              Link to the Song Sheets:
              http://www.geocities.com/rickram.geo/roundtable.html

              Rick

              _____

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
                "The current BSA mode is called diversity, as taught
                in Wood Badge.

                This means everybody should feel free to express
                themselves as their beliefs dictates.

                We are to be tolerant and accepting of other's beliefs

                Yours In Scouting

                Mike Crothers"

                Thank you, brother. Unfortunately, thats not how many
                in leadership roles run the BSA nowadays. I grow
                tired of the hatred, non tolersance, and bigotry as
                well as ignorance that seems to be so pervasive in our
                organiztion these days. I have been chastised many
                times for reminding folks that the BSA does not
                support anti gay marraige bills nor are they a
                christian organization. This isnt my opinion; its in
                BSA literature!

                http://mail.yahoo.com