Bin item sheet (Was Online NLE coming)

  • JWoughter
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2007
      Anybody out there mind telling us newbies what a bin item sheet is?

      Thanks ...

      John Woughter
      Pack/Troop 56
      Bonn, GE
    • JNDunnMN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2007
        BIN items are "freebie" handouts, versus the literature we have to pay for at the Scout shop. The item numbers are hyphenated, the other literature item numbers are not. Examples of BIN items include the "fact sheets" and other literature posted on the National Council, or your council's web site.

        http://www.scouting.org/factsheets/02-502.html (here's an example)

        YiS,
        Jamie Dunn
        Pack Trainer
        P. 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Chair
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        3 Rivers District

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007
          While Jamie pretty much hit the nail on the head, other
          disadvantages of bin items is that they are not cataloged in any
          publication normally available to us in the field, so we can't look up
          somewhere and find all of the bin items that pertain to training, or Cub
          Scouting. While they can be ordered from the National Supply Service in
          North Carolina, 1 800 323 0732 for free, you still have to know the
          number of the item, and may have to pay postage from NC. n.b. If your
          council is charging for these free items, it is probably to help defray
          the cost of mailing them out to the councils.

          Having said this, I have yet to receive the 2006 Scouting Library
          of Literature, # 70-080C, itself a bin item, which I have had on order
          from the NSS since June. This lists all of the regular Scouting
          publications, and their publication date, so you can tell the currency
          of your various manuals and training syllabii. For some reason they did
          not seem to publish this catalog this year.

          Sorry for the confusion,

          Dave

          JWoughter wrote:
          > Anybody out there mind telling us newbies what a bin item sheet is?
          >
          > Thanks ...
          >
          > John Woughter
          > Pack/Troop 56
          > Bonn, GE

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          245 Union St.,# 4 603 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
        • Michael Crothers
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007
            I have a listing a DE said was the latest, but I don't think it is complete.

            Anyone who would like a copy, just e-mail me and I will send it to you

            Yours In Scouting

            Mike Crothers
            ADC
            Camarillo District
            Ventura County Council
            and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
            and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

            --

            Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis.nh.ultranet @...

            245 Union St.,# 4 603 431 5342

            Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349

            <!--

            #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
            #ygrp-text{
            font-family:Georgia;
            }
            #ygrp-text p{
            margin:0 0 1em 0;
            }
            #ygrp-tpmsgs{
            font-family:Arial;
            clear:both;
            }
            #ygrp-vitnav{
            padding-top:10px;
            font-family:Verdana;
            font-size:77%;
            margin:0;
            }
            #ygrp-vitnav a{
            padding:0 1px;
            }
            #ygrp-actbar{
            clear:both;
            margin:25px 0;
            white-space:nowrap;
            color:#666;
            text-align:right;
            }
            #ygrp-actbar .left{
            float:left;
            white-space:nowrap;
            }
            .bld{font-weight:bold;}
            #ygrp-grft{
            font-family:Verdana;
            font-size:77%;
            padding:15px 0;
            }
            #ygrp-ft{
            font-family:verdana;
            font-size:77%;
            border-top:1px solid #666;
            padding:5px 0;
            }
            #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
            padding-bottom:10px;
            }

            #ygrp-vital{
            background-color:#e0ecee;
            margin-bottom:20px;
            padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
            }
            #ygrp-vital #vithd{
            font-size:77%;
            font-family:Verdana;
            font-weight:bold;
            color:#333;
            text-transform:uppercase;
            }
            #ygrp-vital ul{
            padding:0;
            margin:2px 0;
            }
            #ygrp-vital ul li{
            list-style-type:none;
            clear:both;
            border:1px solid #e0ecee;
            }
            #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
            font-weight:bold;
            color:#ff7900;
            float:right;
            width:2em;
            text-align:right;
            padding-right:.5em;
            }
            #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
            font-weight:bold;
            }
            #ygrp-vital a {
            text-decoration:none;
            }

            #ygrp-vital a:hover{
            text-decoration:underline;
            }

            #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
            color:#999;
            font-size:77%;
            }
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
            padding:6px 13px;
            background-color:#e0ecee;
            margin-bottom:20px;
            }
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
            padding:0 0 0 8px;
            margin:0;
            }
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
            list-style-type:square;
            padding:6px 0;
            font-size:77%;
            }
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
            text-decoration:none;
            font-size:130%;
            }
            #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
            background-color:#eee;
            margin-bottom:20px;
            padding:0 8px;
            }
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
            padding:8px 0;
            }
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
            font-family:Arial;
            font-weight:bold;
            color:#628c2a;
            font-size:100%;
            line-height:122%;
            }
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
            text-decoration:none;
            }
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
            text-decoration:underline;
            }
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
            margin:0;
            }
            o {font-size:0;}
            .MsoNormal {
            margin:0 0 0 0;
            }
            #ygrp-text tt{
            font-size:120%;
            }
            blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
            .replbq {margin:4;}
            -->

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007
              If you don't mind I would love a copy thanks in advance
              YIS
              Kris
              From: Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@...>
              > I have a listing a DE said was the latest, but I don't think it is complete.
              >
              > Anyone who would like a copy, just e-mail me and I will send it to you
              >
              > Yours In Scouting
              >
              > Mike Crothers
              > ADC
              > Camarillo District
              > Ventura County Council
              > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

            • Michael Crothers

                From: Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@yahoo. com>

                > I have a listing a DE said was the latest, but I don't think it is complete.

                > Anyone who would like a copy, just e-mail me and I will send it to you

                > Yours In Scouting

                > Mike Crothers

                > ADC

                > Camarillo District

[...]