Supplemental training - Dutch Oven Cooking

  • Ilively@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2006
      How many of you have purchased the BSA Book - Over The Open Fire (#32486)??

      This cookbook contains over 200 gourmet recipes Johnny Nix has prepared over an
      open fire in the public television series "Campfire Cafe". This cookbook is more than
      just a collection of recipes, it is also filled with reminders of how to enjoy nature, the
      company of others, and how to make cooking fun and enjoyable for everyone.

      Johnny has retired from the show Campfire Cafe, and it's being hosted by Pam and Larry.

      With the recent talk on Scouter_T about IOLS, I thought that I'd share the following:

      Now you can watch current CAMPFIRE CAFE episodes on-line anytime (for free)!

      A broadband connection, and the latest version of Quicktime Player is required. Also, be
      sure to update your web browser for optimum playback. Please do not contact their staff
      with playback issues, as they are not equipped to troubleshoot individual computer
      configurations.

      ENJOY!

      http://www.campfirecafetv.com/Movies/Episodes.html

      I had the pleasure of attending a "Cooking Camp" in Hagerstown, MD. I sat beside a
      Scoutmaster from Olney, MD -- if you look at the Vignettes -- he's the one in ORANGE.
      He was there to learn more Dutch Oven Cooking. (I wore pink that day)

      So, I know this isn't OFFICIAL BSA training, but, for those wanting to learn more about
      cooking over an open fire, or maybe even just gathering some new recipes, check
      out the website. There's a downloadable PDF that covers all recipes for the Fall 2006
      season.

      Ida