Trained Leader Patch

  • randywoo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 25, 2001
      At an OA conclave in Mississippi this weekend, I came across a pocket
      patch with beads that says "Every Boy Deserves A Well Trained Leader"

      Rumor was that it is originally from Utah. I think its a great
      patch. Could anyone tell me how it was used and the meaning behind
      the beads? How can I get more of these patches?

      I uploaded a scan of the patch into a new folder called patches in
      the files area.

      Randy Worcester
      Council Commish
      Attakapas Council
    • Trotter
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26, 2001
        At an OA conclave in Mississippi this weekend, I came
        across a pocket
        patch with beads that says "Every Boy Deserves A Well
        Trained Leader"

        Rumor was that it is originally from Utah. I think
        its a great
        patch. Could anyone tell me how it was used and the
        meaning behind
        the beads? How can I get more of these patches?

        I uploaded a scan of the patch into a new folder
        called patches in
        the files area.

        Randy Worcester
        Council Commish
        Attakapas Council

        This is from Utah National Parks Council. I believe
        there are two versions one with a red border and one
        with a blue border.

        Mat Trotter

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • Ida Lively
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2001
          Two years ago our Roundtable staff did something similar.

          Our totem was a 3" circle of leather and leather cording mounted on a large
          craft stick. In the center of the leather circle, we placed a
          Garfield-scout sticker (it was the first year Garfield was our spokescat).
          We also decorated with feathers.

          We received a different pony bead for every training event we attended.

          GOLD -- Fast Start
          CLEAR w/ GOLD SPARKLES -- Basic Leader Training
          YELLOW -- Round Table
          BLUE -- Cub College
          BABY BLUE -- Webelos Leader Outdoor
          etc.

          Those who attended every roundtable that year received a coveted bear claw
          to add to their totem.

          If you served on staff for any of the district events (Camporee, Klondike,
          etc.) you also received a unique bead.

          YIS,
          Ida Lively

          > At an OA conclave in Mississippi this weekend, I came
          > across a pocket
          > patch with beads that says "Every Boy Deserves A Well
          > Trained Leader"
          >
          > Rumor was that it is originally from Utah. I think
          > its a great
          > patch. Could anyone tell me how it was used and the
          > meaning behind
          > the beads? How can I get more of these patches?

        • Jon T. Patten
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2001
            Folks,
            Does anyone know if one can get these for
            their own council? (Who do you contact?)

            Jon Patten
            Cubmaster
            Pack 74
            Pine Tree Council

            Trotter wrote:

            > At an OA conclave in Mississippi this weekend, I came
            > across a pocket
            > patch with beads that says "Every Boy Deserves A Well
            > Trained Leader"
            >
            > Rumor was that it is originally from Utah. I think
            > its a great
            > patch. Could anyone tell me how it was used and the
            > meaning behind
            > the beads? How can I get more of these patches?
            >
            > I uploaded a scan of the patch into a new folder
            > called patches in
            > the files area.
            >
            > Randy Worcester
            > Council Commish
            > Attakapas Council
            >
            > This is from Utah National Parks Council. I believe
            > there are two versions one with a red border and one
            > with a blue border.
            >
            > Mat Trotter
          • Dave Loomis
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2001
              First contact the Utah National Parks Council for a sample, and if
              possible, the name of the company who made them. Then work through your
              council training committee to get them authorized as one of your
              training tools.

              Dave

              "Jon T. Patten" wrote:

              > Folks,
              > Does anyone know if one can get these for
              > their own council? (Who do you contact?)
              >
              > Jon Patten

              To reply, remove the word, "nospam" from my return address, or click on
              the mailto: address below

              Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
              164 Tuttle Lane (603) 431 5342
              Greenland, NH 03840
              Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam
              possit materiari?