Re: [Scouter_T] Leader Training Lite

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2006
      When the new training came out some five years ago many of us
      bewailed the fact that information dear to our hearts was eliminated
      from the new syllabii. Unfortunately we can only teach what the
      learners are willing to learn, and butt fatigue plays a big part here.
      Roundtables have to and are taking up the slack, as most people can get
      specific questions answered there.

      Dave

      Leslie wrote:
      > That is what we are doing in my council. Am I happy about it? No way. Are we getting more leaders showing up for training sessions? Yes. And I guess that makes me happy.
      >
      > We spend one hour on NLE, then 1.5 hours on position specific (obviously I am talking Cub Scouting here). We are pushing Roundtable and have actually seen an increase in that attendance.
      > ---
      > Leslie

      245 Union St.,# 4 603 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349