Re: [Scouter_T] Training required for troop camping

  • Ann Puckett
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 11, 2006
      For our Troop - Any leaders camping overnight with youth must be registered and must have taken Youth Protection Training - why take the chances - it is not worth it.

      Guide to safe scouting requires 2 deep leadership with one being a registered adult. Does not mention YPT training...but in the policies outlines YPT guidelines.

      Ann Puckett
      Troop 209 - Grand Rapids, MI

      Olan Watkins <olanwatkins@...> wrote: Perhaps they are talking about the Youth Protection Training. For a camp
      out, I believe that at least one of the leaders must have the YPT
      certification.

      Olan