Den Chief Training Syllabus

  • fox704
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 1, 2006
      Good morning all:
      Does anyone have the Den Chief Training syllabus as an electronic file?

      Thank you.

      In Scouting,
      Laura
    • Jon Baake
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 8

        Scouters,

        I have been unable to find a syllabus for instructor led Den Chief on the National website. Does anyone know if it still exists and if so where to find it.

        YiS,

        Jon Baake

        WSD Training Chair, NCAC

      • Andy McDonald

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 8
            Syllabus is here: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/515-215.pdf

            It is on this page: http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx Scroll down to "Position-Specific (Role-based) Courses" and you'll find a description for "Den Leader Position-SpecificTraining" and a link to the English AND Spanish versions of the syllabus.

            Paul Yelk
            Council Training Registrar
            Inland Northwest Council
            Spokane WA
            "Once a Fox, always a Fox"
          • James Chaplin
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 8
              My understanding is that it is only available in print ($$$) at the scout shop & has never been posted online.

              YiS,
              James Chaplin
              ASM, Troop 1882, Haymarket
              District Eagle Scout Advisor
              Bull Run District

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Sep 8, 2017, at 5:17 PM, 'Jon Baake' jbaake@... [scouter_t] <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Scouters,

              I have been unable to find a syllabus for instructor led Den Chief on the National website. Does anyone know if it still exists and if so where to find it.

              YiS,

              Jon Baake

              WSD Training Chair, NCAC

            • Michael Crothers
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 8
                Here is a old syllabus

                Yours In Scouting
                Mike Crothers

                On Friday, September 8, 2017, 6:17:48 PM EDT, 'Jon Baake' jbaake@... [scouter_t] <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                Scouters,

                I have been unable to find a syllabus for instructor led Den Chief on the National website. Does anyone know if it still exists and if so where to find it.

                YiS,

                Jon Baake

                WSD Training Chair, NCAC

              • Paul Yelk
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 8
                  Did my post not go through?

                  It IS available for download at http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx (scroll down below "Position-Specific (Role-Based) Courses"  and you'll see a description plus a link to download BOTH the English and Spanish versions.

                  Here's the direct link (English version): http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/515-215.pdf

                  On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 8:19 PM, James Chaplin jhchaplin@... [scouter_t] <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  My understanding is that it is only available in print ($$$) at the scout shop & has never been posted online.

                  YiS,
                  James Chaplin
                  ASM, Troop 1882, Haymarket
                  District Eagle Scout Advisor
                  Bull Run District

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Sep 8, 2017, at 5:17 PM, 'Jon Baake' jbaake@... [scouter_t] <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  Scouters,

                  I have been unable to find a syllabus for instructor led Den Chief on the National website. Does anyone know if it still exists and if so where to find it.

                  YiS,

                  Jon Baake

                  WSD Training Chair, NCAC

                • Janell Bunger-Spiecha
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 8
                    There is a difference between Den Leader and Den Chief.

                    I believe the request was for Den Chief - which is a Boy Scout role and your response was for Den Leader which is an adult role.

                    Janell Bunger-Spiecha
                    Sent from my iPhone

[...]

                  • 3186d868736bb302acc2da525003ac96

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 9
                        Den Chief.....not Den Leader

                        Dr. Samuel F. Harley, PhD
                        Harley Science and Technology, Inc

                        On Friday, September 8, 2017 6:31 PM, "paulp575123@... [scouter_t]" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                        Syllabus is here: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/515-215.pdf

                        It is on this page: http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx Scroll down to "Position-Specific (Role-based) Courses" and you'll find a description for "Den Leader Position-SpecificTraining" and a link to the English AND Spanish versions of the syllabus.

                        Paul Yelk
                        Council Training Registrar
                        Inland Northwest Council
                        Spokane WA
                        "Once a Fox, always a Fox"

                      • andy_in_orlando
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 9
                          I haven't seen anything new. I have been using the old one.
                          It is available at your local Scout store. I found it in PDF here: https://ppcbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DenChiefTrainingGuide-34450C.pdf
                        • Jamie Niss Dunn
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 9
                            Jon,

                            I sent you the version I have separately

                            Jamie Dunn

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On Sep 9, 2017, at 7:30 AM, Samuel Harley samuelharley@... [scouter_t] <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                            Den Chief.....not Den Leader

                            Dr. Samuel F. Harley, PhD
                            Harley Science and Technology, Inc

                            On Friday, September 8, 2017 6:31 PM, "paulp575123@... [scouter_t]" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                            Syllabus is here: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/515-215.pdf

                            It is on this page: http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx Scroll down to "Position-Specific (Role-based) Courses" and you'll find a description for "Den Leader Position-SpecificTraining" and a link to the English AND Spanish versions of the syllabus.

                            Paul Yelk
                            Council Training Registrar
                            Inland Northwest Council
                            Spokane WA
                            "Once a Fox, always a Fox"

                          • Robin McAlister
                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 9
                              Jon,

                              I found it here;

                              http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiwq8eZlJjWAhXHJiYKHYSrDrgQFgg6MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seattlebsa.org%2Fmedia%2Fresources%2Findex.php%3Fdir%3DCub%2520Scouts%2FDen%2520Chief%2520Training%2F%26file%3DDCT%2520-%2520Entire%2520Syllabus.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHjTpALSVTUu5czoqa75j8yQOse6Q

                              It's the 2004 printing

                              Robin

                              On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 6:17 PM, 'Jon Baake' jbaake@...
                              [scouter_t] <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                              > Scouters,
                              >
                              > I have been unable to find a syllabus for instructor led Den Chief on the
                              > National website. Does anyone know if it still exists and if so where to
                              > find it.
                              >

                              > YiS,
                              >
                              > Jon Baake
                              >
                              > WSD Training Chair, NCAC

                            • Samuel Harley
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 9

                                I don't think that there is a syllabus for instructor led Den Chief Training.  This is the description from http://www.scouting.org/Training/Youth.aspx

                                "Welcome to Den Chief Training!

                                Boy Scouts wishing to become den chiefs will take this online course as part of their training to become a den chief. The module identifies den chief responsibilities and tasks, and describes the den chief's relationship to the adult den leaders and how that relates to the den chief's activities with the den. After finishing the online training, den chief candidates print their certificate of completion and undergo further training with their adult den leaders. Estimated time to complete: 45 minutes."

                                Before the latest change there was online training available but to qualify for a cord a Scout hat to do the instructor led training.  As best I can determine all reference to instructor led has been eliminated.  Does anyone know what "further training with their adult den leaders" entails?

                                Sam Harley