Re: First Year of Boy Scouts

  • JWoughter
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2006
      A lot of good posts on this topic.

      Here's one more idea ... BSA national publishes a 'Tenderfoot to First
      Class' phamphlet (#33499B), which I bought to examine both for my son,
      who bridged over from Cub Scouts last spring, and for possible
      implementation in our Troop. It groups like natured requirements (for
      example, the knot tying requirements are all listed together) and
      another method to recognize the boys as they progress to First Class
      (beads that get placed on a leather belt totem).

      We didn't implement this program, since it seems as if our program
      (mostly from monthly campouts) is resulting in the boys
      progressing 'naturally' without need of an additional system.

      But nevertheless, it is nice to have another system in place that we
      could choose from ... I can see some utility for many troops out there.

      John W.
      Troop 56
      Transatlantic Council