Commissioner Basic Training Manual

  • John Halter
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
      Does anyone know if a new version of the Commissioner Basic Training
      manual has been printed? Someone mentioned it at our Council
      Commissioners meeting last night regarding an upcoming training session
      and I told them that I hadn't seen one. I have seen 2006 printings of
      the Field book and Commissioner Helps, but not the training manual.
      The manual I have is #33613F, printing date of 2003. Any help would be
      greatly appreciated!

      Thank you,

      John Halter
      District Commissioner
      Wekiwa District
      Central FL Council
      www.wekiwa.org
      "PackDude" at www.Scoutboard.com
      ...and a good 'ol Bobwhite too! SR442
    • corinnajones@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
        The Commissioner Basic Training Manual I picked up at our national scout shop yesterday is #33613 (no letter) 2005 printing.
        HTH,
        Corinna

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
          The "F" shredout is the latest one shown in the 2005 Library of
          Literature; the 2006 edition has not been released yet.

          You could call the toll free number for the National supply
          Service, 1 800 323 0732 and ask them if this is the latest revision.

          Dave

          John Halter wrote:
          > Does anyone know if a new version of the Commissioner Basic Training
          > manual has been printed? Someone mentioned it at our Council
          > Commissioners meeting last night regarding an upcoming training session
          > and I told them that I hadn't seen one. I have seen 2006 printings of
          > the Field book and Commissioner Helps, but not the training manual.
          > The manual I have is #33613F, printing date of 2003. Any help would be
          > greatly appreciated!
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > John Halter
          > District Commissioner
          > Wekiwa District
          > Central FL Council
          > www.wekiwa.org
          > "PackDude" at www.Scoutboard.com
          > ...and a good 'ol Bobwhite too! SR442

          ADC & BS Training Chair
          Historic District
          Daniel Webster Council, BSA

          245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349
        • John Halter
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
            Well, I checked with our local Scout Shop and it appears that they had
            the most current version, which doesn't have any letters added after the
            item number. I checked the 'printing' date on the 'F' version and it is
            dated 2003. The newer manual had a printing date of 2005, which leads
            me to believe that they are probably going to come out with another
            manual in 2007 to cover the recent changes. I went ahead and bought the
            2005, but haven't compared it to the 2003 version yet to see what, if
            any, the differences are. If I find any, I'll let you know.

            Dave Loomis wrote:

            > The "F" shredout is the latest one shown in the 2005 Library of
            > Literature; the 2006 edition has not been released yet.
            >
            > You could call the toll free number for the National supply
            > Service, 1 800 323 0732 and ask them if this is the latest revision.
            >
            > Dave
            >
            > John Halter wrote:
            > > Does anyone know if a new version of the Commissioner Basic Training
            > > manual has been printed? Someone mentioned it at our Council
            > > Commissioners meeting last night regarding an upcoming training session
            > > and I told them that I hadn't seen one. I have seen 2006 printings of
            > > the Field book and Commissioner Helps, but not the training manual.
            > > The manual I have is #33613F, printing date of 2003. Any help would be
            > > greatly appreciated!
            > >
            > > Thank you,
            > >
            > > John Halter
            > > District Commissioner
            > > Wekiwa District
            > > Central FL Council
            > > www.wekiwa.org
            > > "PackDude" at www.Scoutboard.com
            > > ...and a good 'ol Bobwhite too! SR442
            > >

            > Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
            > <mailto:dloomis.nh.ultranet%40rcn.com>
            > ADC & BS Training Chair
            > Historic District
            > Daniel Webster Council, BSA
            >
            > 245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
            > Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

          • Michael Brown
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006
              All-

              On the National website is a section for Commissioners
              (http://www.scouting.org/nav/enter.jsp?s=cm).

              It lists all the basic Commissioner manuals, and they seem to try to
              keep the list up to date.

              * Commissioner Fieldbook for Unit Service #33621A
              * Commissioner Administration for Unit Service #34128
              * Commissioner Helps #33618A
              * Commissioner Basic Training Manual #33613
              * Continuning Education for Commissioners #33615

              While I don't keep up on the Commissioner books, it seems like most get
              updated about every year or two.

              hope this helps

              Michael Brown
            • Jon Baake
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 30, 2010
                In response to Mr. Rooney's question on the Commissioner Basic Training Manual, the manual has been updated and is now Section 2 of the recentlly published Administration of Commissioner Service manual #34501. It is available in hardcopy at Scoutshops and www.scoutstuff.org and on line as a PDF at http://scouting.org/scoutsource/Commissioners/Manuals.aspx. The previous standalone Commissionr Basic Training manual is out of date and should no longer be used.

                Jon Baake
                ACC for Training and Recognition
                National Capital Area Council