Re: [Scouter_T] Low cost flag poles

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2006
      ---- Richard Pennington <rpenning@...> wrote:
      > I am looking for two items. First I am looking for a 8 foot tall
      > flag pole that is not so expensive as the one from the scout
      > catalog.

      Most of the hardware stores around here, like Lowe's, Ace Hardware,
      and a few others still have the 6' wooden poles from July 4th. They
      run ~$5 each. I think it would be fairly easy to add some length to
      them to get the 8'.

      > Next I am looking for information on the flag poles people use for
      > there fundraising project where they put US flags in yards on
      > holidays.

      I believe these are bulk purchased "one piece" flags that come with
      the pole attached. I know the small ones are used at graveyards for
      the same purpose.

      Hope this helps...

      I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
      -- Stephen R. Covey