Re: [Scouter_T] PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop and/or book stand

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
      Suzanne,

      I've always has good luck using a 3 ring binder as its own table
      easel by opening it back on itself, and using a small bit of dowel with
      two slots cut in it to secure the edge of the covers back. It sits on
      its long edge and looks like a miniature A-Frame. I simply print my
      material or PowerPoint slides so that the writing goes across the long
      side of each page, and everything works a treat.

      Dave

      boballo16 wrote:
      > Resourceful Leaders!
      >
      > I am looking for plans for a PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop easel and/
      > or book stand. If you have plans for any other type of homemade
      > display items, please share them as well.
      >
      > Thanks for your help
      >
      > Suzanne Becker
      >
      > Polaris District
      > Sam Houston Area Council

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      ADC & BS Training Chair
      Historic District
      Daniel Webster Council, BSA

      245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

    • Tom Burke
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
        go the extra step and print a 2nd copy of the slides. Put them in clear page protectors so that when you flip the pages, you see what they see on the other side - ex. page 2 is on the back of page 1, page 3 on the back of page 2...

        you will see what they see and can talk confidently without having to look over at what is displayed.

        Tom Burke

        boballo16 wrote:
        > Resourceful Leaders!
        >
        > I am looking for plans for a PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop easel and/
        > or book stand. If you have plans for any other type of homemade
        > display items, please share them as well.
        >
        > Thanks for your help
        >
        > Suzanne Becker
        >
        > Polaris District
        > Sam Houston Area Council

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        ADC & BS Training Chair
        Historic District
        Daniel Webster Council, BSA

        245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

      • gordon Robinson
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
          When i was on Wood Badge staff last year I found stand
          alone 3 ring display binders at Office depot , if that
          helps

          Gordbear

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • boballo16
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
            Thanks, all of you, for your useful suggestions.
            I knew I was asking the right group!
            Ida, thanks for the links. There is some really neat stuff made out
            of PVC pipe! I think I need to buy another couple of lengths!

            Suzanne