Re: PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop and/or book stand

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "boballo16" <suzbecker@...> wrote:

      > Resourceful Leaders!
      >
      > I am looking for plans for a PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop easel and/
      > or book stand. If you have plans for any other type of homemade
      > display items, please share them as well.
      >
      > Thanks for your help!
      >
      > Suzanne Becker
      >
      > Polaris District
      > Sam Houston Area Council

      Here's a neat design (photo only):

      http://tinyurl.com/z3whl

      Here's a whole book of PVC designs:

      http://www.aten.scps.k12.fl.us/lats/LATS%20only%20resources/entire%
      20book040105b.pdf

      And a stand-alone easel:
      http://www.pvcworkshop.com/Easel.pdf

      Here's a tabletop version -- photos only, but easy to grasp the idea/pieces
      http://www.nuxx.net/gallery/v/stuffivemade/pvc_stuff/

      Hope that helps!

      Ida
    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
        Suzanne,

        I've always has good luck using a 3 ring binder as its own table
        easel by opening it back on itself, and using a small bit of dowel with
        two slots cut in it to secure the edge of the covers back. It sits on
        its long edge and looks like a miniature A-Frame. I simply print my
        material or PowerPoint slides so that the writing goes across the long
        side of each page, and everything works a treat.

        Dave

        boballo16 wrote:
        > Resourceful Leaders!
        >
        > I am looking for plans for a PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop easel and/
        > or book stand. If you have plans for any other type of homemade
        > display items, please share them as well.
        >
        > Thanks for your help
        >
        > Suzanne Becker
        >
        > Polaris District
        > Sam Houston Area Council

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        ADC & BS Training Chair
        Historic District
        Daniel Webster Council, BSA

        245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

      • Tom Burke
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
          go the extra step and print a 2nd copy of the slides. Put them in clear page protectors so that when you flip the pages, you see what they see on the other side - ex. page 2 is on the back of page 1, page 3 on the back of page 2...

          you will see what they see and can talk confidently without having to look over at what is displayed.

          Tom Burke

          boballo16 wrote:
          > Resourceful Leaders!
          >
          > I am looking for plans for a PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop easel and/
          > or book stand. If you have plans for any other type of homemade
          > display items, please share them as well.
          >
          > Thanks for your help
          >
          > Suzanne Becker
          >
          > Polaris District
          > Sam Houston Area Council

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          ADC & BS Training Chair
          Historic District
          Daniel Webster Council, BSA

          245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

        • gordon Robinson
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
            When i was on Wood Badge staff last year I found stand
            alone 3 ring display binders at Office depot , if that
            helps

            Gordbear

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • boballo16
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
              Thanks, all of you, for your useful suggestions.
              I knew I was asking the right group!
              Ida, thanks for the links. There is some really neat stuff made out
              of PVC pipe! I think I need to buy another couple of lengths!

              Suzanne