PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop and/or book stand

  • boballo16
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
      Resourceful Leaders!

      I am looking for plans for a PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop easel and/
      or book stand. If you have plans for any other type of homemade
      display items, please share them as well.

      Thanks for your help!

      Suzanne Becker

      Polaris District
      Sam Houston Area Council
    • Ida Lively
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "boballo16" <suzbecker@...> wrote:

        > Resourceful Leaders!
        >
        > I am looking for plans for a PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop easel and/
        > or book stand. If you have plans for any other type of homemade
        > display items, please share them as well.
        >
        > Thanks for your help!
        >
        > Suzanne Becker
        >
        > Polaris District
        > Sam Houston Area Council

        Here's a neat design (photo only):

        http://tinyurl.com/z3whl

        Here's a whole book of PVC designs:

        http://www.aten.scps.k12.fl.us/lats/LATS%20only%20resources/entire%
        20book040105b.pdf

        And a stand-alone easel:
        http://www.pvcworkshop.com/Easel.pdf

        Here's a tabletop version -- photos only, but easy to grasp the idea/pieces
        http://www.nuxx.net/gallery/v/stuffivemade/pvc_stuff/

        Hope that helps!

        Ida
      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
          Suzanne,

          I've always has good luck using a 3 ring binder as its own table
          easel by opening it back on itself, and using a small bit of dowel with
          two slots cut in it to secure the edge of the covers back. It sits on
          its long edge and looks like a miniature A-Frame. I simply print my
          material or PowerPoint slides so that the writing goes across the long
          side of each page, and everything works a treat.

          Dave

          boballo16 wrote:
          > Resourceful Leaders!
          >
          > I am looking for plans for a PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop easel and/
          > or book stand. If you have plans for any other type of homemade
          > display items, please share them as well.
          >
          > Thanks for your help
          >
          > Suzanne Becker
          >
          > Polaris District
          > Sam Houston Area Council

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          ADC & BS Training Chair
          Historic District
          Daniel Webster Council, BSA

          245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

        • Tom Burke
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
            go the extra step and print a 2nd copy of the slides. Put them in clear page protectors so that when you flip the pages, you see what they see on the other side - ex. page 2 is on the back of page 1, page 3 on the back of page 2...

            you will see what they see and can talk confidently without having to look over at what is displayed.

            Tom Burke

            boballo16 wrote:
            > Resourceful Leaders!
            >
            > I am looking for plans for a PVC pipe floor easel, tabletop easel and/
            > or book stand. If you have plans for any other type of homemade
            > display items, please share them as well.
            >
            > Thanks for your help
            >
            > Suzanne Becker
            >
            > Polaris District
            > Sam Houston Area Council

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            ADC & BS Training Chair
            Historic District
            Daniel Webster Council, BSA

            245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
            Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

          • gordon Robinson
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
              When i was on Wood Badge staff last year I found stand
              alone 3 ring display binders at Office depot , if that
              helps

              Gordbear

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • boballo16
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
                Thanks, all of you, for your useful suggestions.
                I knew I was asking the right group!
                Ida, thanks for the links. There is some really neat stuff made out
                of PVC pipe! I think I need to buy another couple of lengths!

                Suzanne