Low cost flag poles

  • Richard Pennington
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
      I am looking for two items. First I am looking for a 8 foot tall flag pole
      that is not so expensive as the one from the scout catalog. Next I am
      looking for information on the flag poles people use for there fundraising
      project where they put US flags in yards on holidays.

      Richard

      East Texas

    • Scouter Chuck
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2006
        ---- Richard Pennington <rpenning@...> wrote:
        > I am looking for two items. First I am looking for a 8 foot tall
        > flag pole that is not so expensive as the one from the scout
        > catalog.

        Most of the hardware stores around here, like Lowe's, Ace Hardware,
        and a few others still have the 6' wooden poles from July 4th. They
        run ~$5 each. I think it would be fairly easy to add some length to
        them to get the 8'.

        > Next I am looking for information on the flag poles people use for
        > there fundraising project where they put US flags in yards on
        > holidays.

        I believe these are bulk purchased "one piece" flags that come with
        the pole attached. I know the small ones are used at graveyards for
        the same purpose.

        Hope this helps...

        I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
        -- Stephen R. Covey