NLE on the Web

  • kathy3177
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 21, 2006
      Hi,
      I am curious. I read recently that NLE would be offered through
      National on the Web. I have not been able to find any information on
      this. As the Training Chair of my Council, I would appreciate any
      contacts at National that I could speak to.
      Thank you
      Kathy B
      NVC Massachusetts
    • JNDunnMN
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21, 2006
        My very imperfect understanding of this is that the program is being introduced to our professionals this month. I would hope they're going to clue us in this fall.

        Pack Trainer
        Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Chair
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        3 Rivers District

        In a message dated 08/21/06 15:56:57 Central Daylight Time, garyandkathy@... writes:
        Hi,
        I am curious. I read recently that NLE would be offered through
        National on the Web. I have not been able to find any information on
        this. As the Training Chair of my Council, I would appreciate any
        contacts at National that I could speak to.
        Thank you
        Kathy B
        NVC Massachusetts

      • Mike Marks
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21, 2006
          The only training courses currently available at the Online Learning Center
          are:

          -Youth Protection Guidelines for Adult Leaders and Parents

          -Aquatics Safety, including Safe Swim Defense and Safety Afloat

          -Cub Scout Leader Fast Start

          -Boy Scout Leader Fast Start

          -Venturing Advisor Fast Start

          -Venturing Crew Orientation

          The only promise made from National (there are) "many more to come".

          I'm not surprised that NLE would be mentioned as a possible candidate for
          the training web site - I would be surprised if anyone at National were to
          announce a date for implementation. The complexities of programming and the
          need for extensive testing combined with changing priorities makes release
          dates hard to predict.

          You picked the right group to join as usually someone in our group catches
          the updates and announces it to everyone. In fact, by now I'm sure many in
          the group have seen the new application forms for youth and adults!

          mm

          _____

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 21, 2006
            I've only seen the youth version. They told us the adult ones haven't arrived yet. I hope they work as advertised. Our overall youth recruiting goal this fall is 10,000 new Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venturers. The data entry savings will prove to be significant.

            In a message dated 08/21/06 16:28:13 Central Daylight Time, MikeMarks@... writes:
            In fact, by now I'm sure many in
            the group have seen the new application forms for youth and adults!

          • Scott & Rita Eliason
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 21, 2006
              Jamie and all,

              I picked up both new forms last week. The big difference is that both forms
              are scannable, meaning they should not have to be keyed into Scout Net,
              hopefully reducing errors, they are landscape oriented, not portrait, AND
              the youth form is for ALL programs, meaning Cub, Scout, Varsity, and
              Venturing youth use the same form. Folks will need to be very careful in
              filling these out.

              Scott Eliason, trainer, Chief Seattle Council