RE: [Scouter_T] Online NLE

  • David Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2006
      NLE is best done during Council/District Training, I took the online version
      just to see what it was about and all I did was click next about 50 times
      and it prints a training card at the end. To me that isn't training. Fast
      Start Online yes, NLE online I say no. I would go as far as calling it lazy
      to do so. Instead of trying to make all learning online, focus on getting
      your Pack Trainers up to snuff, get them qualified to teach at the District
      level and send them to the Packs and let them take care of NLE as a check to
      make sure the are doing it right get the District Training Chairs to drop in
      on some trainings they are giving. That way at least there can be some
      interaction and the instructor can tell if there are any questions that need
      to be answered.

      In our District the only online Trainings that are acceptable are on
      National's website. These have been updated recently and are better than
      the previous Fast Starts.

      https://scoutnet.scouting.org/elearning/

      Your DE should be able to get you a copy of NLE and Job Specifics on DVD.

      Dave Brown

      Pack Trainer

      Pack 563

      Charlestown, In