RE: [Scouter_T] Troop Committee Challenge Poweroint

  • Scott & Rita Eliason
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
      I have sent a copy of my version to Ann and Mark. I tried to add it to the
      files section and was told the site could not handle it. Anyone who would
      like a copy of this may write me off site at my home address and I will be
      happy to send it on.

      Scott Eliason, Trainer, Aquila District, Chief Seattle Council

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
        I have uploaded my presentation to Yousendit.com. the url was large so I sniped it and this link will get you there:
        http://snipurl.com/uy2q
        This link will be good for seven days from August 14th or for 100 downloads.
        It is quite large, over 35 MB, but I really like using it. Lots of Graphics.
        Rick Rambo

        direct E-mail to marklandry@.... Thanks!!!

        YIS,

        Mark C. Landry
        Council Training Chair
        Southeast Louisiana Council

      • Robert L. DeWitt
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
          Get this Message when I login " You must be logged in to download this file
          "

          Robert L. DeWitt
          ASM Troop 12
          Chickasaw District
          Georgia Carolina Council
          Augusta, Ga
          And A Good Ole Bear SR-691

          _____

          http://snipurl. <http://snipurl.com/uy2q> com/uy2q
          This link will be good for seven days from August 14th or for 100 downloads.
          It is quite large, over 35 MB, but I really like using it. Lots of Graphics.
          Rick Rambo

          .

          <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714&grpId=2804867&grpspId=1600066162&msgId
          =7152&stime=1155605401&nc1=3848538&nc2=2&nc3=3>

        • jonas4321
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Landry" <marklandry@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone out there have a good Powerpoint presentation to go with
            > Troop Committee Challenge, instead of the overhead transparancies
            > the syllabus calls for? If so, I would really appreciate a copy, by
            > direct E-mail to marklandry@... Thanks!!!

            Mark-

            I have done TCC 16 times now (yes, I know, I need a life, as is
            evidenced by the fact that I COUNT the number of times I do TCC!). I
            also use PowerPoint a lot for other trainings I do.

            I suggest taking the time to make 9 posters from flipchart sheets (the
            8 committee position responsibilities lists that are on the green
            cards plus one for the Organization Chart).

            I tape these up on the walls of the room I am doing the training in
            and leave them up throughout the training. I find that they get
            referenced multiple times throughout the training and really aid the
            participants in driving home what each position is (and isn't)
            responsible for. They get referenced during the buzz group, the game,
            let me tell you what I do, and the case study.

            With these plus the handouts from the syllabus, I find that there is
            little else to display using PowerPoint (or anything else), and has
            also made this training extremely portable, as no electronics are
            needed. Also, those little green cards are hard for the group to
            share, and PowerPoint is so transient that these 9 lists can't be
            "left up" for easy group reference.

            It's just a suggestion and a personal opinion, but TCC is my favorite
            curriculum on a value-per-minute-spent basis, and I have found that
            the 2 hours it took me to make these 9 posters has paid off time after
            time. My friend reinforced the corners with clear packing tape so they
            can be taped up and taken down without losing paper.

            YMMV.

            Yours in Scouting,

            Jonas
          • Steven Powell
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
              Go a head and create your own account. Once you've done this (IT'S
              FREE) and activated it then click on Rick's link and the Download Window
              will pop up! Voilaaaaaaaa! Ask and it shall be rendered unto you!

              Steve
              A fox wearing lots of hats....hehehehe!

              Robert L. DeWitt wrote:

              > Get this Message when I login " You must be logged in to download this
              > file
              > "
              >
              > Robert L. DeWitt
              > ASM Troop 12