Re: [Scouter_T] Troop Committee Challenge Poweroint

  • Ann Puckett
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
      If someone gets this to you, could you PLEASE share with me? I'm in the middle of a train the trainer for Troop Committee Challenges and this would be SO helpful. Thanks!!!!

      Ann Puckett
      Troop Chairmen
      Troop 209
      Grand Rapids, MI

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
        I have sent a copy of my version to Ann and Mark. I tried to add it to the
        files section and was told the site could not handle it. Anyone who would
        like a copy of this may write me off site at my home address and I will be
        happy to send it on.

        Scott Eliason, Trainer, Aquila District, Chief Seattle Council

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
          I have uploaded my presentation to Yousendit.com. the url was large so I sniped it and this link will get you there:
          http://snipurl.com/uy2q
          This link will be good for seven days from August 14th or for 100 downloads.
          It is quite large, over 35 MB, but I really like using it. Lots of Graphics.
          Rick Rambo

          direct E-mail to marklandry@.... Thanks!!!

          YIS,

          Mark C. Landry
          Council Training Chair
          Southeast Louisiana Council

        • Robert L. DeWitt
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
            Get this Message when I login " You must be logged in to download this file
            "

            Robert L. DeWitt
            ASM Troop 12
            Chickasaw District
            Georgia Carolina Council
            Augusta, Ga
            And A Good Ole Bear SR-691

            _____

            http://snipurl. <http://snipurl.com/uy2q> com/uy2q
            This link will be good for seven days from August 14th or for 100 downloads.
            It is quite large, over 35 MB, but I really like using it. Lots of Graphics.
            Rick Rambo

            .

            <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714&grpId=2804867&grpspId=1600066162&msgId
            =7152&stime=1155605401&nc1=3848538&nc2=2&nc3=3>

          • jonas4321
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Landry" <marklandry@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone out there have a good Powerpoint presentation to go with
              > Troop Committee Challenge, instead of the overhead transparancies
              > the syllabus calls for? If so, I would really appreciate a copy, by
              > direct E-mail to marklandry@... Thanks!!!

              Mark-

              I have done TCC 16 times now (yes, I know, I need a life, as is
              evidenced by the fact that I COUNT the number of times I do TCC!). I
              also use PowerPoint a lot for other trainings I do.

              I suggest taking the time to make 9 posters from flipchart sheets (the
              8 committee position responsibilities lists that are on the green
              cards plus one for the Organization Chart).

              I tape these up on the walls of the room I am doing the training in
              and leave them up throughout the training. I find that they get
              referenced multiple times throughout the training and really aid the
              participants in driving home what each position is (and isn't)
              responsible for. They get referenced during the buzz group, the game,
              let me tell you what I do, and the case study.

              With these plus the handouts from the syllabus, I find that there is
              little else to display using PowerPoint (or anything else), and has
              also made this training extremely portable, as no electronics are
              needed. Also, those little green cards are hard for the group to
              share, and PowerPoint is so transient that these 9 lists can't be
              "left up" for easy group reference.

              It's just a suggestion and a personal opinion, but TCC is my favorite
              curriculum on a value-per-minute-spent basis, and I have found that
              the 2 hours it took me to make these 9 posters has paid off time after
              time. My friend reinforced the corners with clear packing tape so they
              can be taped up and taken down without losing paper.

              YMMV.

              Yours in Scouting,

              Jonas
            • Steven Powell
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
                Go a head and create your own account. Once you've done this (IT'S
                FREE) and activated it then click on Rick's link and the Download Window
                will pop up! Voilaaaaaaaa! Ask and it shall be rendered unto you!

                Steve
                A fox wearing lots of hats....hehehehe!

                Robert L. DeWitt wrote:

                > Get this Message when I login " You must be logged in to download this
                > file
                > "
                >
                > Robert L. DeWitt
                > ASM Troop 12