Troop Committee Challenge Poweroint

  • Mark Landry
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
      Does anyone out there have a good Powerpoint presentation to go with
      Troop Committee Challenge, instead of the overhead transparancies the
      syllabus calls for? If so, I would really appreciate a copy, by
      direct E-mail to marklandry@.... Thanks!!!

      YIS,

      Mark C. Landry
      Council Training Chair
      Southeast Louisiana Council
    • Ann Puckett
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
        If someone gets this to you, could you PLEASE share with me? I'm in the middle of a train the trainer for Troop Committee Challenges and this would be SO helpful. Thanks!!!!

        Ann Puckett
        Troop Chairmen
        Troop 209
        Grand Rapids, MI

        direct E-mail to marklandry@cox. net. Thanks!!!

        YIS,

        Mark C. Landry
        Council Training Chair
        Southeast Louisiana Council

      • Scott & Rita Eliason
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
          I have sent a copy of my version to Ann and Mark. I tried to add it to the
          files section and was told the site could not handle it. Anyone who would
          like a copy of this may write me off site at my home address and I will be
          happy to send it on.

          Scott Eliason, Trainer, Aquila District, Chief Seattle Council

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
            I have uploaded my presentation to Yousendit.com. the url was large so I sniped it and this link will get you there:
            http://snipurl.com/uy2q
            This link will be good for seven days from August 14th or for 100 downloads.
            It is quite large, over 35 MB, but I really like using it. Lots of Graphics.
            Rick Rambo

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
              Get this Message when I login " You must be logged in to download this file
              "

              Robert L. DeWitt
              ASM Troop 12
              Chickasaw District
              Georgia Carolina Council
              Augusta, Ga
              And A Good Ole Bear SR-691

              _____

              http://snipurl. <http://snipurl.com/uy2q> com/uy2q
              This link will be good for seven days from August 14th or for 100 downloads.
              It is quite large, over 35 MB, but I really like using it. Lots of Graphics.
              Rick Rambo

              .

              <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714&grpId=2804867&grpspId=1600066162&msgId
              =7152&stime=1155605401&nc1=3848538&nc2=2&nc3=3>

            • jonas4321
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Landry" <marklandry@...> wrote:

                > Does anyone out there have a good Powerpoint presentation to go with
                > Troop Committee Challenge, instead of the overhead transparancies
                > the syllabus calls for? If so, I would really appreciate a copy, by
                > direct E-mail to marklandry@... Thanks!!!

                Mark-

                I have done TCC 16 times now (yes, I know, I need a life, as is
                evidenced by the fact that I COUNT the number of times I do TCC!). I
                also use PowerPoint a lot for other trainings I do.

                I suggest taking the time to make 9 posters from flipchart sheets (the
                8 committee position responsibilities lists that are on the green
                cards plus one for the Organization Chart).

                I tape these up on the walls of the room I am doing the training in
                and leave them up throughout the training. I find that they get
                referenced multiple times throughout the training and really aid the
                participants in driving home what each position is (and isn't)
                responsible for. They get referenced during the buzz group, the game,
                let me tell you what I do, and the case study.

                With these plus the handouts from the syllabus, I find that there is
                little else to display using PowerPoint (or anything else), and has
                also made this training extremely portable, as no electronics are
                needed. Also, those little green cards are hard for the group to
                share, and PowerPoint is so transient that these 9 lists can't be
                "left up" for easy group reference.

                It's just a suggestion and a personal opinion, but TCC is my favorite
                curriculum on a value-per-minute-spent basis, and I have found that
                the 2 hours it took me to make these 9 posters has paid off time after
                time. My friend reinforced the corners with clear packing tape so they
                can be taped up and taken down without losing paper.

                YMMV.

                Yours in Scouting,

                Jonas
              • Steven Powell
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
                  Go a head and create your own account. Once you've done this (IT'S
                  FREE) and activated it then click on Rick's link and the Download Window
                  will pop up! Voilaaaaaaaa! Ask and it shall be rendered unto you!

                  Steve
                  A fox wearing lots of hats....hehehehe!

                  Robert L. DeWitt wrote:

                  > Get this Message when I login " You must be logged in to download this
                  > file
                  > "
                  >
                  > Robert L. DeWitt
                  > ASM Troop 12