RE: [Scouter_T] Online NLE

  • Marian McQuaid
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2006
      I thought I heard that National would be putting it online sometime this
      month. Top Hands starts the 15th, so maybe it will happen then.

      Marian McQuaid
      Training Chair
      Great Blue Hill District
      Boston Minuteman Council

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2006
        NLE is best done during Council/District Training, I took the online version
        just to see what it was about and all I did was click next about 50 times
        and it prints a training card at the end. To me that isn't training. Fast
        Start Online yes, NLE online I say no. I would go as far as calling it lazy
        to do so. Instead of trying to make all learning online, focus on getting
        your Pack Trainers up to snuff, get them qualified to teach at the District
        level and send them to the Packs and let them take care of NLE as a check to
        make sure the are doing it right get the District Training Chairs to drop in
        on some trainings they are giving. That way at least there can be some
        interaction and the instructor can tell if there are any questions that need
        to be answered.

        In our District the only online Trainings that are acceptable are on
        National's website. These have been updated recently and are better than
        the previous Fast Starts.

        https://scoutnet.scouting.org/elearning/

        Your DE should be able to get you a copy of NLE and Job Specifics on DVD.

        Dave Brown

        Pack Trainer

        Pack 563

        Charlestown, In

        Chief Old Ox Training Team

        Lincoln Heritage Council

        _____

        Our Council is attempting to get NLE training online
        this fall. So far, we have opnly found 2 examples of
        councils already doing that. I have 2 questions for
        the wisdom of the group:
        1 - Does anyone know of a Council other than
        Crossroads or Hiawatha Seaway that are offering NLE
        online?
        2 - Can someone help me locate a digital (DVD type)
        version of the NLE videos?

        David Harris
        Great Rivers Council Training Committee