Online NLE

  • David Harris
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2006
      Greetings all!

      Our Council is attempting to get NLE training online
      this fall. So far, we have opnly found 2 examples of
      councils already doing that. I have 2 questions for
      the wisdom of the group:
      1 - Does anyone know of a Council other than
      Crossroads or Hiawatha Seaway that are offering NLE
      online?
      2 - Can someone help me locate a digital (DVD type)
      version of the NLE videos?

      David Harris
      Great Rivers Council Training Committee

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Marian McQuaid
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2006
        I thought I heard that National would be putting it online sometime this
        month. Top Hands starts the 15th, so maybe it will happen then.

        Marian McQuaid
        Training Chair
        Great Blue Hill District
        Boston Minuteman Council

        Our Council is attempting to get NLE training online
        this fall. So far, we have opnly found 2 examples of
        councils already doing that. I have 2 questions for
        the wisdom of the group:
        1 - Does anyone know of a Council other than
        Crossroads or Hiawatha Seaway that are offering NLE
        online?
        2 - Can someone help me locate a digital (DVD type)
        version of the NLE videos?

        David Harris
        Great Rivers Council Training Chair
      • David Brown
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2006
          NLE is best done during Council/District Training, I took the online version
          just to see what it was about and all I did was click next about 50 times
          and it prints a training card at the end. To me that isn't training. Fast
          Start Online yes, NLE online I say no. I would go as far as calling it lazy
          to do so. Instead of trying to make all learning online, focus on getting
          your Pack Trainers up to snuff, get them qualified to teach at the District
          level and send them to the Packs and let them take care of NLE as a check to
          make sure the are doing it right get the District Training Chairs to drop in
          on some trainings they are giving. That way at least there can be some
          interaction and the instructor can tell if there are any questions that need
          to be answered.

          In our District the only online Trainings that are acceptable are on
          National's website. These have been updated recently and are better than
          the previous Fast Starts.

          https://scoutnet.scouting.org/elearning/

          Your DE should be able to get you a copy of NLE and Job Specifics on DVD.

          Dave Brown

          Pack Trainer

          Pack 563

          Charlestown, In