Re: [Scouter_T] Den Chief trianing materials in electronic format?

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2006
      There are no BSA materials for this course other than the syllabus. If there is a PowerPoint it is something that someone has created independently.

      I'm not sure PowerPoint would the best presentation method for this course. Isn't Den Chief intended to be a hands on, interactive course, in which the learners participate by practicing the skills involved in being a Den Chief? I know the old syllabus was. I haven't taught it since the new syllabus came out, someone else in our district does that training.

      I would think a group of Boy Scouts and Venturers would be bored to tears sitting and watching a PowerPoint presentation. They'd much rather be up and *doing*, and would likely learn much more than from a passive presentation.

      YiS,
      Jamie Dunn
      Pack Trainer
      P. 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Chair
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      3 Rivers District

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10, 2006
        I could use some extra materials as well if someone has some to share.

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2006
          I have the Den Chief Training syllabus, 34450 C in pdf. If you're
          interested, e-mail me off-line eagleladyt@...

          Trish

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "JTL" <jtlanejr@...> wrote:

          > I picked up the den chief training manual, 34450C, at the scout
          shop.
          > Does anyone have this course on powerpoint or similar that they would
          > be willing to share?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Jack
          > Pack 1916