Internet Advancement: Need Your Help

  • kahancam
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2006
      "Internet Advancement : · Unit Advancement Summary shows ranks,
      merit badges, and awards saved in each person record for current
      members...
      http://www.scouting.org/commissioners/newsletter/3 -06.pdf"

      This seeminly innocuous phrase has been the source of consternation as
      units are attempting to implement this program in our district. Does
      anyone out there have first hand experience with this program and do
      you have any insights, tips, or lessons learned that you wish to pass
      on to us, the unitiated?

      Also, I have been asked to provide training on this subject in October
      at our Council University of Scouting so I would appreciate any
      anecdotes.

      Thanks
    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2006
        This is a brand new program, which can be implemented on an optional
        basis in each council.

        It looks as if the material listed in the announcement,

        An implementation packet was sent to each
        council in early March. It included
        • A sample training outline to use with unit leadership and
        other volunteers
        • A sample newsletter article to use in communication to
        unit leaders
        • A Web page example to use
        • Suggestions for obtaining and distributing the unit
        ID codes
        • Frequently asked questions to use as the council supports units
        • A CD with the packet contents, plus PowerPoint presentation for training

        are all you are going to ge for a while. Have you contacted your council
        folks to see where this material went?

        Dave

        kahancam wrote:
        > "Internet Advancement : · Unit Advancement Summary shows ranks,
        > merit badges, and awards saved in each person record for current
        > members...
        > http://www.scouting.org/commissioners/newsletter/3 -06.pdf"
        >
        > This seeminly innocuous phrase has been the source of consternation as
        > units are attempting to implement this program in our district. Does
        > anyone out there have first hand experience with this program and do
        > you have any insights, tips, or lessons learned that you wish to pass
        > on to us, the unitiated?
        >
        > Also, I have been asked to provide training on this subject in October
        > at our Council University of Scouting so I would appreciate any
        > anecdotes.
        >
        > Thanks

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        ADC & BS Training Chair