help with hints and ideas

  • Sandra Martens
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27 12:03 PM
      Hi to everyone-

      My district is trying out a new training called "Den Leader's Workshop". I had suggested it as a commissioner college thesis but never got it done- until now.

      anyway, we are holding a one day training where new leaders will take part in 2 den meetings and a pack meeting, with extra mini-sessions on planning, fast start, use of den chiefs, communications, use of resources, and "plan B".

      among the hand outs we want to give the new leaders is a "tried and true" sheet of hints and tricks to help make the den leader job a little easier.

      since all of you have experiences as den leaders, or did in the past, please pass on your little hints and tricks that would help out a new leader. I figure, a lot of minds is better than just one (mine)

      once I compile them all I'll post them on the group pages if you guys want them.

      thanks ahead of time for any help you can give me.

      this is cross posted, so if you're like me you'll probably get 6 copies of this message (at least I didn't send it to the GS groups too!!)

      Sandy OWL

    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 27 5:36 PM
        This sounds like an ideal course for a University of Scouting if
        your council does them or a Pow Wow, if they don't.

        Dave

        Sandra Martens wrote:
        > Hi to everyone-
        >
        > My district is trying out a new training called "Den Leader's Workshop". I had suggested it as a commissioner college thesis but never got it done- until now.
        >
        > anyway, we are holding a one day training where new leaders will take part in 2 den meetings and a pack meeting, with extra mini-sessions on planning, fast start, use of den chiefs, communications, use of resources, and "plan B".
        >
        > among the hand outs we want to give the new leaders is a "tried and true" sheet of hints and tricks to help make the den leader job a little easier.
        >
        > since all of you have experiences as den leaders, or did in the past, please pass on your little hints and tricks that would help out a new leader. I figure, a lot of minds is better than just one (mine)
        >
        > once I compile them all I'll post them on the group pages if you guys want them.
        >
        > thanks ahead of time for any help you can give me.
        >
        > this is cross posted, so if you're like me you'll probably get 6 copies of this message (at least I didn't send it to the GS groups too!!)
        >
        > Sandy OWL

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        ADC & BS Training Chair
        Historic District