re: Intros

  • bdhunter@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2001
      I'm a Unit Commissioner for a 75-person troop and a 45 person co-ed Venture
      Crew, mom of an Eagle, and "retired" Troop committee chair, and am quite
      involved with our District's OA chapter -- but like Carol Wallace, with that
      tan and green and blue, I'm also a Girl Scout Trainer and retired Air Force
      officer.

      I'm most active these days training Girl Scout leaders. I get a lot of joy
      taking "moms" who don't have the confidence to camp in the woods -- and dads
      who think they know all there is about camping and running them through our
      camp certification training -- very similar to BSA's Scoutmaster
      Fundamentals.

      I also do a lot of training for leaders and other trainers on "Scouting on
      the Internet" -- basically a how to make your life easier as a trainer and/or
      leader by using the resources out there, etc.

      I look forward to meeting my fellow scouters and picking up great tips!

      Barb
      GSC of the Nation's Capital
      National Capital Area Council
      etc., etc.