RE: [Scouter_T] Training times for online training

  • Walter and Pat Shaw
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2006
      Richard,

      It takes about 25 minutes per course depending on reading speed. I admit
      that I didn't time any of them.

      They are all quite thorough. Safe Swim Defense and Safety Afloat easily
      allow you to print your trained cards. That is a tricky matter with the YPT
      card, however.

      The main thing is just to follow re-entry log in as though you're going to
      take the course again, and you can probably figure it out.

      I just walked someone through this recently, so I'll give you the specifics:
      your login name and password. Then choose from the top choices of training:
      Cubs, Boy Scouts, Venturing and General. YPT is in General. You will see
      that there is a line that says Youth Protection training, and a green circle
      beside it to confirm that you've completed the course. Click on that link.
      Then you will have two choices: review course (left-hand choice) or view
      certificate (right-hand choice). Go to View Certificate and it will allow
      you to print out the certificate.

      You will follow the same process to print a certificate for the online Fast
      Start as well.

      YiS,

      Pat Shaw

      ASM, Troop 69