Please invite all units in your council & come out!

  • Fort Knox Scouting Community
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2006
      Ma'am, Sir

      We wanted to send this out again, some of you may have missed it the first time, but we've got about 30 days still, so there's still time to plan.

      The Scouts of Fort Knox would like to invite all scout units, scouts, and scout leaders in your council to come down and participate in Future Leaders Day 2006 with us.

      On the weekend of 4-6 AUG 06, scouts from all over are invited to come to Ft Knox, camp on the installation if they'd like, and participate in the events that Saturday. The attached Registration form gives you an idea of the kind of events which we will be attempting to offer at the event (you can also register on-line at http://www.knoxscouting.org/FLD/FLDindex.htm). Booths and participants are being updated frequently, as we get closer to the event!

      The events on Saturday are totally free to attend for those who wish to drive in and attend them for the day only. Those units wishing to camp would only pay $10.00 PER UNIT (NOT per YOUTH/ADULT, and only 'cause we have to pay for the rental of the park, and probably for porta-potties) to camp, and patches are $3.00. The other events listed (which are not run by us, like the waterpark) may have a cost associated with them, as stated on the form. Council's are welcome to bring a "busload" as was requested by one council last year. If you run a website, please feel free to link to our website.

      We're also looking for your "Scout Talent"!! If your unit is the best at. . . . whatever (rope bridges, signal towers, teaching map reading, setting up orienteering courses, teaching knot tying, whatever). . . We want to showcase you - and let you "Show Off" what you're good at. Let us know, and we'll give you a spot (booth/event) to 'Show Off' during the event.

      Of interest to teens will be our (relatively) new SLT SIMEX concept. This event uses a video game to simulate small unit leadership and teamwork scenario's to reinforce positive teamwork/leadership skills. We'd LOVE to have YOUR unit and/or scouts at the event, so visit the website (directions are listed, and an online registration form is available) and get ready to REPORT IN to the home of the Cavalry Scout!!!!!!!!!

      SCOUTS OUT!!!!!!!!

      The FKSC,
      P.O. Box 41
      Ft Knox KY 40121-0041
      BLD 4022, Vine Grove Street
      Visit us online at:
      http://www.knoxscouting.org/

      "The goodness of a person and of the society he or she lives in often comes down to very simple things and words found in the Scout Law. Every society depends on trust and loyalty, on courtesy and kindness, on bravery and reverence. These are the values of Scouting, and these are the values of Americans."

      President George W. Bush