Introduction

  • ilialive@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 54 , Apr 23, 2001
      I've been "lurking" for a while, getting a feel for the subjects that
      are being discussed. It's been an education!

      I started in Scouts about 12 years ago when my son decided he wanted
      to be a Tiger. We've gone all the way through to Eagle. Along the
      way I've been a den leader, den leader coach, roundtable staff,
      district trainer, council trainer, both Woodbadges, troop committee
      member, merit badge counselor. I'm currently involved in training
      Hispanic paraprofessionals and volunteers. My first love is still
      training Cub leaders. I think I like the changes being instituted in
      training, although most of my info comes from this site rather than
      from our council. I'm not sure I like the Woodbadge changes, but I
      haven't seen any official material yet, so I'll reserve judgment.

      If any of you have been involved in doing training in Spanish or have
      materials (other than the stuff National provides) you'd like to
      share, I'll be very appreciative.

      Keep up the good work!

      YIS,
      Ilia Lively
      Mecklenburg County Council
      Charlotte NC
      I used to be an Antelope (SE-CS-19) and an Eagle (SR-200)
      Message 54 of 54 , Feb 24, 2016
        Welcome
        Connie

        From: "Ken Guarino fguarino@... [scouter_t]" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

        Hi all,

        I am just joining the group and hope to be able to share my experiences and obtain insight / tips, etc. from other members.  A brief background:
        Have been a scouter for 24 years, both my sons are Eagles, and I’ve worn MANY hats on the district and unit level.  Various Cub positions on committee and as a den leader, spent 14 years with a troop as a committee member and 7 years as Scoutmaster. Currently a Unit Commissioner and a District Training Chairman in the Theodore Roosevelt Council in New York.  Silver Beaver recipient, OA vigil, Wood Badge Eagle.

        Ken