Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Roundtable Training

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2, 2006
      Stephanie,
      Those requirements have always been with us. Roundtable staff do
      not need to take the Commissioner's Basic training, # 33631E, Roundtable
      Commissioners do. Roundtable Commissioners take The Cub Scout
      Roundtable Commissioner and Staff course is #33013. The Boy Scout
      Roundtable Commissioners and Staff course is # 34256, as I said
      earlier. I don't have a current Library of Literature, so I don't have
      any course number of Varsity and Venturing Huddle, or Roundtable staff
      requirements.

      Dave

      S.Powell wrote:

      > Actually Dave the most recent copy of Leadership Training Committee
      > Guide (2006, 34169A) does have the requirement for Basic Training . It
      > states: "Complete basic training for Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity, or
      > Venturing roundtable commissioners". If you are saying they do need
      > need Unit Commissioner training or some other commissioner training then
      > I'd agree with you. This information is on Page 60 btw.
      >
      > Also, I wear the Commissioner device on the Scouter's Training Award
      > along with the FDL for Scoutmaster Training having earned that as well.
      >
      > YiS,
      > Steve
      >
      > Dave Loomis wrote:
      >

      > > According to the most recent copy of the Leadership Training
      > > Committee Guide, Roundtable Staff do not need Commissioner Training to
      > > earn the Scouter's Training Award or wear the trained stripe

      ADC & BS Training Chair
      Historic District
      Daniel Webster Council, BSA

      245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342