Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Roundtable Training

  • S.Powell
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 2 7:35 AM
      I meant "do not need" and not "need need".

      S.Powell wrote:

      > If you are saying they do need need Unit Commissioner training or some
      > other commissioner training then I'd agree with you. This information
      > is on Page 60 btw.

    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2 12:36 PM
        Stephanie,
        Those requirements have always been with us. Roundtable staff do
        not need to take the Commissioner's Basic training, # 33631E, Roundtable
        Commissioners do. Roundtable Commissioners take The Cub Scout
        Roundtable Commissioner and Staff course is #33013. The Boy Scout
        Roundtable Commissioners and Staff course is # 34256, as I said
        earlier. I don't have a current Library of Literature, so I don't have
        any course number of Varsity and Venturing Huddle, or Roundtable staff
        requirements.

        Dave

        S.Powell wrote:

        > Actually Dave the most recent copy of Leadership Training Committee
        > Guide (2006, 34169A) does have the requirement for Basic Training . It
        > states: "Complete basic training for Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity, or
        > Venturing roundtable commissioners". If you are saying they do need
        > need Unit Commissioner training or some other commissioner training then
        > I'd agree with you. This information is on Page 60 btw.
        >
        > Also, I wear the Commissioner device on the Scouter's Training Award
        > along with the FDL for Scoutmaster Training having earned that as well.
        >
        > YiS,
        > Steve
        >
        > Dave Loomis wrote:
        >

        > > According to the most recent copy of the Leadership Training
        > > Committee Guide, Roundtable Staff do not need Commissioner Training to
        > > earn the Scouter's Training Award or wear the trained stripe

        ADC & BS Training Chair
        Historic District
        Daniel Webster Council, BSA

        245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342