Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Roundtable Training

  • S.Powell
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1 9:36 PM
      Actually Dave the most recent copy of Leadership Training Committee
      Guide (2006, 34169A) does have the requirement for Basic Training . It
      states: "Complete basic training for Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity, or
      Venturing roundtable commissioners". If you are saying they do need
      need Unit Commissioner training or some other commissioner training then
      I'd agree with you. This information is on Page 60 btw.

      Also, I wear the Commissioner device on the Scouter's Training Award
      along with the FDL for Scoutmaster Training having earned that as well.

      YiS,
      Steve

      Dave Loomis wrote:

      > According to the most recent copy of the Leadership Training
      > Committee Guide, Roundtable Staff do not need Commissioner Training to
      > earn the Scouter's Training Award or wear the trained stripe

    • S.Powell
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2 7:35 AM
        I meant "do not need" and not "need need".

        S.Powell wrote:

        > If you are saying they do need need Unit Commissioner training or some
        > other commissioner training then I'd agree with you. This information
        > is on Page 60 btw.

      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2 12:36 PM
          Stephanie,
          Those requirements have always been with us. Roundtable staff do
          not need to take the Commissioner's Basic training, # 33631E, Roundtable
          Commissioners do. Roundtable Commissioners take The Cub Scout
          Roundtable Commissioner and Staff course is #33013. The Boy Scout
          Roundtable Commissioners and Staff course is # 34256, as I said
          earlier. I don't have a current Library of Literature, so I don't have
          any course number of Varsity and Venturing Huddle, or Roundtable staff
          requirements.

          Dave

          S.Powell wrote:

          > Actually Dave the most recent copy of Leadership Training Committee
          > Guide (2006, 34169A) does have the requirement for Basic Training . It
          > states: "Complete basic training for Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity, or
          > Venturing roundtable commissioners". If you are saying they do need
          > need Unit Commissioner training or some other commissioner training then
          > I'd agree with you. This information is on Page 60 btw.
          >
          > Also, I wear the Commissioner device on the Scouter's Training Award
          > along with the FDL for Scoutmaster Training having earned that as well.
          >
          > YiS,
          > Steve
          >
          > Dave Loomis wrote:
          >

          > > According to the most recent copy of the Leadership Training
          > > Committee Guide, Roundtable Staff do not need Commissioner Training to
          > > earn the Scouter's Training Award or wear the trained stripe

          ADC & BS Training Chair
          Historic District
          Daniel Webster Council, BSA

          245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342