Bullying prevention

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2006
      I presented Youth Protection Training last night to a group of troop leaders, pack leaders and venturing advisors. I highlighted the three personal safety videos intended for the youth in the program: "It Happened to Me", "A Time to Tell" and "Personal Safety Awareness".

      I was asked if any of these materials address bullying. I am only aware of the "Power Pack Pals" comic book that addresses bullying, which is intended for Cub Scout age boys. The leaders who were asking were troop leaders.

      Is anyone aware of materials that address bullying in adolescents? Is anyone addressing this in their troop/district/council? I know there are commercially available anti-bullying programs. One version is used in our school district. I was hoping for something with more of a 'scout' flavor.

      YiS,
      Jamie Dunn
      Pack Trainer
      P. 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Chair
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      3 Rivers District
    • Stu Allen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2006
        On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 12:45:46PM -0400, JNDunnMN@... wrote:

        > "A Time to Tell"
        >
        > I was asked if any of these materials address bullying.

        Jamie, have you seen the new (as of late last year / early this
        year) versions of the the youth materials? The new version of
        "A Time to Tell" is broken into 5 different segments, the last
        of which is entitled "Bullying by Peers" and I believe is just
        what you're looking for.

        YiS,
        Stu

        --
        Stu Allen email: allensr@...
        CM/SA Pack/Troop 92
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 16, 2006
          I have seen it (in fact I own it) - and I'd forgottent that it had the bullying section in it. I will review it and see if it will help.

          Thanks!